Stove jack on a Golite SL3?

BuckSnort

WKR
I just got a good deal on a used SL3... This will be my first floorless shelter and I am wanting to install a stove jack... Looking for pics of those who have done it to give me an idea of placement... I know that the closer to the peak of the tent that I will get more heat because of the extra flue inside the tent, but since it's an SL3 I dont want to loose much floor space...

I will probably buy the TIGoat stove jack/boot unless there are others I should consider?

R Miller

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a good deal on a used SL3... This will be my first floorless shelter and I am wanting to install a stove jack... Looking for pics of those who have done it to give me an idea of placement... I know that the closer to the peak of the tent that I will get more heat because of the extra flue inside the tent, but since it's an SL3 I dont want to loose much floor space...

I will probably buy the TIGoat stove jack/boot unless there are others I should consider?

I've put a few stove jacks in Mid type shelters and the larger Shangri La's. As close to the peak as possible is the best option for stability and getting the most from your stove. I would resist the urge to put it elsewhere even if its more convenient for floor space.

I have a stove jack near the peak in my shangri la 5. I put it on the right side peak as you face the front door.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
IMO the SL3 is a bit small for putting a stove in. Even though it is 60 sq ft, by the time you lay out your bed, pack, and other gear the real estate is pretty well spoken for and forget using the SL3 with a stove in it with 2 people.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Luke/Les,

Would the Kifaru Small stove or ParaStove solve that problem, or do you think that it would take up too much room as well?

A stove in general in that small of space would eat up too much space regardless of size IMO.

OP
BuckSnort

BuckSnort

WKR
Thanks guys... I'm not sure what to do now.. I know one thing , this thing is a palace compared to the MSR Zoid1 I have been using for the last 6-7 years...After being used to such small space that the Zoid offered, I think I can live with the area lost from a stove...