Stove pipe

92xj

WKR
Does anyone know where I can buy the silver piece in the photo below?
I want to run a 3" stove pipe through a 5" stove jack and keep out water and cold air. Something that will slip over the 3" and stay put where the pipe goes through the jack.
51857138819_d63a619e51_b.jpg

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
You can buy bigger stove pipe that fits snug in the jack, then screw a few screws through towards the center to keep the smaller pipe centered. It takes some experimenting to get the screws the right length, but works. Make sure the pipe has some room for the canvas to move a little without pulling the pipe apart.

Then get some sort of rain collar, if you need it. I don't worry about it, not much makes it through that small opening, and if the fire is going, it dries fast.

WYCFM1

WKR
Just buy a 24” piece of 5” 30 gauge pipe from menards and snap it together...then cut a bunch of 1” deep triangles on both ends all the way around the circumference of each end and fold all the left over metal inwards to make a 3” diameter hole in the center of the 5” and you have a collar for $13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WYCFM1

WKR
Or try a 24” long x 5” 30 gauge pipe with a 5-3” bell reducer on both ends and then slid it down into the roof jack hole. After its positioned where you want it, tighten a metal pipe/band clamp around both 3” necks of the 5-3 bell reducers and see how that works with high heat applications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sneaky

"DADDY"
Winnerwell sells something like that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

robin1970

FNG
Winnerwell sells something like that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
If you run a 3" stove pipe, be sure to clean the small pipe, and spark arrester, if using, regularly for creosote buildup.
I have a Kni-co Trekker stove, with 4" pipe, tapered to 3" at top. I found it to build up creosote faster than expected (causing smoke) around the screening/spark arrester. I removed the spark arrester, because of this concern. Not required on my area. I still really like this stove, just w/o spark arrester.

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know where I can buy the silver piece in the photo below?
I want to run a 3" stove pipe through a 5" stove jack and keep out water and cold air. Something that will slip over the 3" and stay put where the pipe goes through the jack.
51857138819_d63a619e51_b.jpg
Why not buy just a piece of stove jack material on Amazon and cut slits or correct hole size for your pipe? You could add some hook and loop to your existing stove jack and to the added flap. A lot more compact than adding extra bulk and weight. Seek Outside stove jacks are installed on their tipis with just slits-makes it easy to resize if needed while keeping weather out. I also purchased one of their combination titanium damper/internal spark arrestors that sits close to the stove and operates (flips) to dump any creosote buildup. I removed the spark arrestor and trimmed it to fit my GStove pipe (~2.5"). Just drilled a hole just above the pipe neck to reinstall the arrestor like a standard damper and now no more having to pull off the pipe at the top to clean the arrestor to avid plugging. These flip arrestors are easily trimmed to fit your pipe diameter with a pair of tin snips. Pretty sure that they sell one for 3" pipe. We used this retrofit setup last year and it worked like a charm. Better draft at the top of the pipe as well.