Stove sizes

reaper

WKR
Some pictures and video to help folks choosing thier stoves.
Seekoutside Cub stove Burn Chamber 6" Tall / 6" Wide / 9" long 18 oz with all accessories and storage bag.Stovepipe weighs 2 oz per foot
Seekoutside SXL stove 8.25" Tall / 10.25" Wide / 14" long 40 oz with all accessories and storage bag,Stovepipe weighs 2 oz per foot.
Liteoutdoors 18" stove 18'' long by 8.25″ Weight (with 8′ stove pipe) – 40 oz

d2fe41926062293de2b98451fb29267c.jpg
cd4c27d3ee9413c25db69e3123e347b1.jpg
421d895940a749fcdc725448b8713148.jpg
edeaac52fc8d1266b4610ab60a0c7b2b.jpg
d21da07ab0c5a76ed88b050a4e3940f8.jpg
fe2beb7030cf3f37fa952cca0dc2fcf1.jpg
fa8e4b1d84a3d9428effbe4fee7e57b1.jpg
78659fe198571702bc40534f46a9bfa5.jpg
65c83e53856895ccf2e0bcf8a9bcc338.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
Lite outdoor vs sxl weight and setup... how would you compare? That sxl looks amazing.

OP
reaper

reaper

WKR
Lite outdoor vs sxl weight and setup... how would you compare? That sxl looks amazing.
the Liteoutdoors will be lighter than the sxl,box stove will be easier to set-up in my opinion but you will need to carry an extra 16 oz(i have a 8' pipe for my Sawtooh).The cylinder stove will takes a little more woods in lenght.

Trial153

WKR
I have a uturn coming going to compare it to my LO. I always liked a flat top stove

OP
reaper

reaper

WKR
I have a uturn coming going to compare it to my LO. I always liked a flat top stove
pretty good chance the U-turn will be lighter.SO u-turn medium size is 23 oz and Stovepipe weighs 1.5 oz per foot but nothing in their u-turn line will beat the lenght of the 18'' liteoutdoors stove and price.I think its about 10$ saving u-turn vs a standard stove...???less titanium,i don't understand the price but i am sure they are really good stoves.

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
I have the 18" lite and a kifaru med box that I use in my vertex 6.75 I bought from you. That 18 gets it HOT inside.

I just sold my Cub for a large U turn.

Cub just couldn’t keep up with the extreme cold at the beginning of the Montana General season. It was enough to take the edge off, but not enough to effectively dry out gear.

The Cub with 6ft pipe was 30 oz. The Large U turn should be 35 oz total with the same pipe length. That’s a pretty minimal weight penalty for much longer burn time, less wood prep, and way more output. Not to mention we ended up near the truck a bunch due to the weather.

Any plans for a U-turned Cub? I can still see it having a place in the early season.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just sold my Cub for a large U turn.

Cub just couldn’t keep up with the extreme cold at the beginning of the Montana General season. It was enough to take the edge off, but not enough to effectively dry out gear.

The Cub with 6ft pipe was 30 oz. The Large U turn should be 35 oz total with the same pipe length. That’s a pretty minimal weight penalty for much longer burn time, less wood prep, and way more output. Not to mention we ended up near the truck a bunch due to the weather.

Any plans for a U-turned Cub? I can still see it having a place in the early season.
You can always look at the WiFi stoves. The U Turn stoves are just Seeks takes on those with their door design. I have a Ruta Locura stove that is now called the WiFi XL. Great stoves too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

coleman

Lil-Rokslider
Great thread. I'm in the market for a stove. I was looking at either the seek outside large or large u-turn. I'm curious how you guys will like the u-turns once you start using them.

tdhanses

WKR
You can always look at the WiFi stoves. The U Turn stoves are just Seeks takes on those with their door design. I have a Ruta Locura stove that is now called the WiFi XL. Great stoves too

I don’t think they make these stoves anymore, last I checked I couldn’t find them on the website.

gfreidy

WKR
A Seek Outside Cub stove with U Turn would be awesome for solo backcountry hunts!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I don’t think they make these stoves anymore, last I checked I couldn’t find them on the website.
Ruta Locura had taken over for them, looks like even that is a dead link now. Interesting. The plot twists... disappeared from their page, the Uturn shows up. Probably 100% unrelated but it makes you wonder lol

4ester

WKR
Ruta Locura had taken over for them, looks like even that is a dead link now. Interesting. The plot twists... disappeared from their page, the Uturn shows up. Probably 100% unrelated but it makes you wonder lol

Since DJ passed away I’m not sure we will see his products anymore. I’m not sure what’s going on with his son, but even years ago he couldn’t provide the carbon poles for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
A Seek Outside Cub stove with U Turn would be awesome for solo backcountry hunts!

the Cub is already uberlight, in a uturn config and smaller diameter pipe- it would carry itself :)

I’d be interested for sure

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
Since DJ passed away I’m not sure we will see his products anymore. I’m not sure what’s going on with his son, but even years ago he couldn’t provide the carbon poles for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did some business with DJ about a year and a half ago. I hate to here that he has passed away. I have the 12" cylinder stove he was making and the vertex 5 tipi. The stove has been awesome, it serves my limited needs for a tipi stove nicely. I will say that it is very nicely made. It appears to be completely made from titanium, specifically the damper, the rings for the ends of the pipe, the rods that hold it together. Appears that even the springs on the rods and the little bent washers are also titanium. I'm not sure if that holds true with other brands of stoves.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
To clear up a couple things

1. Yes there will be a cub uturn , expect it early 2020.
2. The original uturns were done in 2013, then discontinued because we were too busy with box stoves. Now we have our manufacturing down smoother so we re-introduced them and made a couple small changes. We thought they paired with the lighter Dyneema and zipperless shelters.
3. The plan to re-introduce had been for awhile, just slow. They had mostly been ready for months, but needed a couple things and it was busy season so they slid until after the busy season. The timing had nothing to do with DJ's passing (which is really unfortunate).

Thanks
Kevin

gfreidy

WKR
Thanks Kevin! Keep up the good work innovating! Another vote for DCF Silex with Stove jack.

Last edited: