Stove vs Heavier Sleeping bag

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
Im trying to make the same decision. I will be set up in a drop camp in a wall tent with a big stove in SW Colorado for second rifle this year. I would like a nice 2 man tipi or tarp to spike out for 2 or 3 days at a time. Is a stove worth it for that situation? I already bought the last WM Kodiak in existence, and have a R-value sleeping pad and all down clothes. Thoughts?

vtbow

FNG
Im trying to make the same decision. I will be set up in a drop camp in a wall tent with a big stove in SW Colorado for second rifle this year. I would like a nice 2 man tipi or tarp to spike out for 2 or 3 days at a time. Is a stove worth it for that situation? I already bought the last WM Kodiak in existence, and have a R-value sleeping pad and all down clothes. Thoughts?
If you're camping out for several days the stove is worth it IMO. Awesome to cut the chill off, cook over at the same time, and dry out gear/clothing. It also makes for a much more pleasant experience if you are stuck in camp due to weather and its chilly....