Stove

Mosby

WKR
I use a stupid light brs titanium stove most of the time.

If it is going to be below freezing during the day, I'll bring my Kovea spider which runs canisters flipped upside down. Way lighter than the whisperlite or dragonfly that I used to drag along.
This is what I have switched too in cold weather.

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
I just retired an MSR Model G stove that i have been using for close to 30 years. That stands as a testament to the MSR reliability. Never had a problem with it. Just bought a new MSR Dragonfly. Great stove. Works better at altitude and cold weather than the Whisperlites. Puts out a few more BTU's.

ODB

WKR
I use a stupid light brs titanium stove most of the time.

If it is going to be below freezing during the day, I'll bring my Kovea spider which runs canisters flipped upside down. Way lighter than the whisperlite or dragonfly that I used to drag along.

Almost the same. The pocket rocket in general, but the spider is a damn cool stove. Just turn down before flipping he canister - whoosh!

parshal

WKR
I have a Reactor that I used a few years. I carried a Pocket Rocket Deluxe this season with a Ti Keith kettle. My buddy had a Kovea Spider. I liked it so much I picked up. It was 15 one morning and the PR was struggling a little. Being able to flip the canister on the Spider is nice.

jrol

FNG
There are good alcohol options that are quite light and quiet
I like the old trangia burner, but there are some really simple can burners on the cheap that act as a pot stand as well
example zelph "fancy feast" burner (you will need to search)

Last edited: