Stoves

Takeem406

WKR
I've had an 18" Smith Cylinder stove for the last two seasons. One season in a Megatarp and now a Sawtooth.

I love every thing Kifaru! Huge fan boy! But this stove just doesn't seem to be as well engineered as the rest of their products (sorry Aron this thing kinda sucks).

It seems very unstable and sloppy.

Also it seems when it gets hot tbat it's a fuel hog. Like it's a constant job to keep fuel in it to keep it from going out. I understand it's not air tight so it won't burn for ever. But when I get it going it seems I've got to really work at feeding it.

Kinda wonder if the medium box would be a better bet. That or even a Ti Goat 20" or WiFi. I'd really like to feed it split logs or larger branches. With the Smith the door is pretty small which also makes lighting it a pain.

Also see Lite Outdoors has a large cylinder stove but it's a tad heavier but the door on it is generous.

A few guys said to look at Seek as well.

The Smith sure does heat the shelter but but just wondering if there's a different option that's a tad larger and has a better fit n finish.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
Just try a seekoutside box stove,a damper is the way to go to control the burn.I have tried, liteoutdoors, kifaru, para,small and medium stoves,at this day seekoutside and liteoutdoors was the best,only thing i dint like about the liteoutdoors was the lack of collar set,the best results was to use it with a SO damper set.Now i am only using seekoutside.
d6f01ba74a4dadef05d88959c4fe0d6e.jpg
5b5339f8b090c12681ed71f6bb81d1c2.jpg
b21e95bf022422a592e1c9191afca6bf.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a Ruta Locura so I'm of no help lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
nice,that stove looks a good one.You like it?
I do. Just overkill for my LBO, but a Redcliff is in my future and it'll be perfect for that. Either that or an 8 man

Lukehinz

FNG
I was gonna order the medium Tigoat WiFi for my LBO but since they aren’t taking orders right now I’m gonna go with the LO 18” cylinder stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Ruta Locura is the son of the guy that owns TiGoat. I believe they said their stoves are the same as the old WiFi stove. I'd check those out.

Sevobuck

Lil-Rokslider
Do any of these stoves offer an easy way empty the ashes? I’m aware that the new improved Kifaru titanium stove will offer an easy way to do so without disassembling the whole stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Easiest way is when the stove is cold, pull the pipe off, carry the stove outside, open the door on the stove and stand ir up and shake the ashes out. It's pretty basic but by far the simplest way I've found.