Strange Gaia issue?

I've never had this come up before and I'll try to explain so that it makes sense. I'm trying to download some maps for an upcoming bear hunt and the layers aren't working for me. I always have Gaia Topo as the base layer, and then I also use satellite with labels, USFS topo and slope angle as slider toggled layers. As I understand it, the layer that is at the bottom of your list is your base layer, in this case Gaia topo. But when I have all sliders turned off, satellite is my base layer, it won't go away. The only way for me to see the Gaia topo is to remove the satellite layer. I can also slide USFS topo all the way on and see that layer, but when all sliders are off, satellite only. I've quit the app and restarted but the issue persists.

I tried the ESRI world imagery layer, and that seemed to work, but holy shit that is a huge file. With that layer turned on I can only download a 1000 tiles. I though 10,000 tiles was always the limit, but I guess not?

Third, the number of tiles for a given area seems to be affected by how many sliders I have turned on. I always used to assume it downloaded all layers that you have selected to use, whether they are turned on or not?

Long story short, Gaia seems different!

• Banned
OP
zion zig zag
Removing the app from my phone and then reloading made three updates appear that I hadn't seen before. After downloading the new maps and updates, it seems to have fixed it.