Strange tears

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Put some new strings on and got some new arrows made up. Setup is as exact to the same as I could make it. I started paper tuning today. My first shot with a bare shaft was a perfect bullet hole. I figured I got everything right the first time, great! My second shot, the hole got a bit bigger. My third shot was a bad right tear. Poor form on my part? I did this several more times and I noticed a pattern. The shots on the left side of the paper were all good and shots on the right side were all right tears. This pattern was the same for multiple sheets of paper. Could this possibly be from how the paper hangs??? All shots were from the same spot using just one arrow. I had moved my rest a bit to see if the tear would go away or if I’d develop a left tear instead of good hole. Nothing changed. Suggestions???
9D54BE84-E077-4C8F-8E75-8C38BE311A03.jpeg

I agree with @Zac. Put a hundred or so shots on the new strings to ensure they're settled in before you start making any changes.

The pattern of tears getting larger as you move across the paper is strange though and could be an artifact of how you're supporting/tensioning the paper. You could try a binder clip at each corner to get more even tension. Or you could skip the paper altogether and tune with bareshafts instead.

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
you would be amazed at how much your tears can change in paper with slight changes in your form. Slightly different pressures can have drastically different tears. But i also agree that you should shoot a lot of arrows through it before shooting paper

jmez

WKR
I would say you. Anytime it is consistently inconsistent it is generally the archer, not the equipment.