Strap on, slide on, or...?

ozyclint

WKR
Take a look at the Marksman Quivers strap down quivers. They are rock solid and the system is fully modular. The hoods and grippers are completely interchangable between the bow quiver brackets and the side quiver. So with a hood and gripper you can have both a bow quiver and a side quiver and/or you can interchange different size hoods and grippers on the same brackets. Many options.
Favourable exchange rate for you guys in the USA too.

https://marksmanquivers.com/collections/strap-down-2-piece

Great Northern Strap on Kick back quiver is my choice. They also make a removable takedown quiver. I have both. Great company and quivers.

Slalomnorth

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve found the Selway slide on to be the best and most solid quiver out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentucky

WKR
Great northern strap on kick back.

Perfect for takedown bows.

Service is unsurpassed.

Customizable.

Attachments

• 2A83BCF9-2CAD-4A29-BAFB-AACD124B26FA.jpeg
    2A83BCF9-2CAD-4A29-BAFB-AACD124B26FA.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 32
  • 98D50D71-992E-48F7-B219-1D353A85F6C3.jpeg
    98D50D71-992E-48F7-B219-1D353A85F6C3.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 32

sndmn11

WKR
I'm a one piece quiver kind of guy. I have been very happy with my Thunderhorn.

Fjtoyman

FNG
I have used Great Northern, Thunderhorn and Selway.
Great Northern are my go to quivers. Have been for years. I like the fact that I can remove the entire quiver and arrows as a unit to break down my bow for the pack out.
With a slide on two piece you will have to remove the arrows and string to break down the bow.
The strap on two pcs you can leave your arrows in the quiver and just unstrap it but will have to secure the hood on the arrows so you don’t have razor sharp broadheads loose.
HTH
87b2aa4a48a17e5a84a93058788a237b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobinmi

WKR
I just ordered one of the quick detach models for my Black wolf ILF that also doesn't have any mounting holes. I knew that when I ordered it. I ordered this one in the soft coat model. Just felt like it would look strange to run a leather rawhide quiver on a carbon fiber bow. LOL. The slide on and quick release selways that I've used in the past worked as well or better than limbsavers for quieting.

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the selway QD, its like the slide on except you can adjust the tightness for different limb wideness and you don't need to unstring your bow if you want to take it off. I am now running it on all of my bows due to convenines.

iashow

WKR
Need to do something before the fall. I’ve tuned the ILF bow without a quiver on, and for turkey season I’ve been using an old quiver attached to my backpack... I will probably like that route for deer hunting better than run and gun chasing turkeys (missed in by 1” the other day btw). I do have limb socks on to protect and Camo the limbs some. Did some research and didn’t really find what I was looking For so here it is. Is it just personal preference for the strap on or slide on? Saw that some strap ons don’t stay out super well (without tire tube under). Or should I stick with arrows out of the backpack? I plan to spot and stalk out west and will probably want arrows more convenient.
I am a big fan of my Selway slide-on. This is my second slide on model. My longbow slide-on model was very easy to install and my second hybrid slide-on model was also easy to install once I realized I needed the hybrid not the longbow model. The slide-on model IMO is light weight, stays put (with minimal movement), looks great, and does its job of holding arrows securely.

OP
bjfoxhoven
I see where Great Northern has a 'quick mount' series of quivers that attach via the limb bolts on most 3-piece takedown bows. They also offer adaptors for ILF bows.

Might be worth a look.

@MontanaMarine do you ou know anyone who has used the quick adapters for ILF? It is definitely something I would like to look into. I haven’t shot a bow with quiver on yet, so I would love to take it off quick like that. I mainly hunt out of a saddle, but am finding I don’t really enjoy having a quiver in my back pack. Just not that convenient IMO. I wonder if one would just have to back out the bolts a turn to accommodate the thickness of the adapter. Wonder how much it would affect tune also. Thoughts anyone?

OP
bjfoxhoven
I really like the selway QD, its like the slide on except you can adjust the tightness for different limb wideness and you don't need to unstring your bow if you want to take it off. I am now running it on all of my bows due to convenines.
@Jdoc have you noticed it change the tune at all? Or does adjusting back to same tiller and brace height once installed ring the bow right back to what you had it.

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
@Jdoc have you noticed it change the tune at all? Or does adjusting back to same tiller and brace height once installed ring the bow right back to what you had it.
I cant really say on the tune for two reasons, first i never take it off to shoot and i tune with it on so having a QD quiver is actually a mute point for me but i like that its there. 2nd i am still running my same tiller, BH, nocking point ect but i dont know that i am a god enough shot to be able to tell a difference in tune with the quiver on or off.

@MontanaMarine do you ou know anyone who has used the quick adapters for ILF? It is definitely something I would like to look into. I haven’t shot a bow with quiver on yet, so I would love to take it off quick like that. I mainly hunt out of a saddle, but am finding I don’t really enjoy having a quiver in my back pack. Just not that convenient IMO. I wonder if one would just have to back out the bolts a turn to accommodate the thickness of the adapter. Wonder how much it would affect tune also. Thoughts anyone?
I don't know anyone using them, they just caught my attention while I was trying to decide on a quiver setup.

Beendare

WKR
I've been using the Selway and GN strap on quiver.

I shot for the first time in awhile without a quiver and MAN it was a quiet shot compared to my quiver.

I knew that quiver was creating some noise...but didn't think it was that much. I taped the wires on mine and wrapped electric tape every 6"....so the wires didn't vibrate against each other....seems like they still might be...something is creating some noise there.

I'm thinking of remaking the whole thing...any ideas?

I've been using the Selway and GN strap on quiver.

I shot for the first time in awhile without a quiver and MAN it was a quiet shot compared to my quiver.

I knew that quiver was creating some noise...but didn't think it was that much. I taped the wires on mine and wrapped electric tape every 6"....so the wires didn't vibrate against each other....seems like they still might be...something is creating some noise there.

I'm thinking of remaking the whole thing...any ideas?
I have a side quiver also. Naturally it's not causing any noise on the shot, but it's kind of a PITA anyways. Noisy getting the arrows out of it, the fletches rub the interior and make noise.

pTNetk8.jpg

I suppose they all are a PITA in one regard or another.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, I might start taking mine off on stand hunts....My recurve is practically silent....3X noise on the shot with a quiver.....and now I know its the quiver.

I might try riveting some flat or angle aluminum stock to the hood and wrapping it instead of those wires.