Stratospire 1 vs 2

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
I have been on a tent debate and have been going through countless threads. Copper Spur HV UL2, Kuiu Summit Star, and SO Cimarron were on my list until I started researching Tarptent.

I think I have dwindled it down to either the SS1 or SS2 and have been leaning towards the SS2 for the extra space (its currently sold out). I like that you can use the liner or run it floorless. Going solo most of the time, weight is a concern, but it looks like the SS2 is only 2.75 lbs total, which is less than my current NorthFace Stormbreak 1 man. Does anyone have any experience with the SS1/SS2 and condensation?

I'm just lookng for any opinions/personal experience with any of these tents, I guess, and hoping that whatever route I go it will last me a while. Thanks for the help

TBHasler

WKR
I have the SS1 and used it this past Sep for archery elk in CO. Great tent and great design. Uses treking poles, so is not freestanding. IF you are always going to be solo in it, the single person has very ample storage space in both vestibules (both same size on each side). I get pack, weapon, boots, extra's all easily in one vestibule and use the other side as entry/exit, etc. Footprint is pretty large for a single man tent. Without fly, in a pinch, it will accommodate 2.
You can easily adjust the pitch for venting to control condensation, but you can get some build up if the conditions are right for it. I've not had any bad experiences with this - its been manageable.

W1bowo

Lil-Rokslider
I have the SS1 and used it this past Sep for archery elk in CO. Great tent and great design. Uses treking poles, so is not freestanding. IF you are always going to be solo in it, the single person has very ample storage space in both vestibules (both same size on each side). I get pack, weapon, boots, extra's all easily in one vestibule and use the other side as entry/exit, etc. Footprint is pretty large for a single man tent. Without fly, in a pinch, it will accommodate 2.
You can easily adjust the pitch for venting to control condensation, but you can get some build up if the conditions are right for it. I've not had any bad experiences with this - its been manageable.
+1
CC.jpg

OP
rustneversleeps

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider

Really appreciate the response, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot