String change?

Somewhat new Archer here. Finally got lined up with a good elk hunt this year so I figured I'd finally try all the flagship bows at my local shop and get what fit me. Landed on a BowTech revolt x and love it. Been establishing my anchor point & peep sight height and finally got everything locked in. Problem is I cannot get my peep sight to stay in line. Keeps moving all over the place after a couple hundred shots. so wanting to get everything perfect on the bow I'm considering changing out to new strings. Interested in the GAS ghost xv line. think it's worth it over the BowTech stock strings? Like a lot of people I find myself at home shooting the bow and obsessing over details. Would love y'all's opinion

Zac

WKR
Definitely, I'm getting my second one any day now, this one's gonna be camp😍. Anyway call them first. Tell them how much holding weight you prefer, they can vary that based on serving size around the cam. You also need to tell them which nock you are running.

OP
Biggern'yurs
Ha! So can I correct my constapeep
Definitely, I'm getting my second one any day now, this one's gonna be camp😍. Anyway call them first. Tell them how much holding weight you prefer, they can vary that based on serving size around the cam. You also need to tell them which nock you are running.
Ah thanks for the tip! I'll call them.

Once those stretch and settle they will be fine. Full twist in bottom of string will rotate peep 1/4 turn. New string/cables are always great, but id get that stock set right so you have a backup pair you can throw on in an emergency.

Rob5589

WKR
If the strings haven't set after a couple hundred shots, they probably won't. I good set of threads will definitely be a good idea.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had really good luck with JBK strings. They are super high quality and have a great warranty should you ever need it (I haven’t yet on the 10+ sets I’ve bought from him). They also are much more reasonably priced that some of the other options.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
Chances are your stock strings are perfectly fine. Once theyre settled you should be able to put a twist in the top of the string whichever way your peep needs to go and you’ll be fine. Or if its to bad just press the bow and flip the peep. Id say all flag ship bows these days come with factory bcy x string material and thats probably what you will get from any custom string maker. Custom string makers will have their own recipe for how many pounds of tension the string is made with along with certain serving type possibly.

MattB

WKR
If you stock cabling is still creeping and your peep moving after more than 100 shots or so, I would change it out.

Wellsdw

WKR
Just got a set of catfish threads on today. What do y’all consider the break period?

I was planning to slap a d-loop and a biscuit on it and shoot it about 75-100 times. Is that enough break in?

Just got a set of catfish threads on today. What do y’all consider the break period?

I was planning to slap a d-loop and a biscuit on it and shoot it about 75-100 times. Is that enough break in?
I’ve found that 50 shots is plenty for break-in when your dealing with quality strings.

OP
Biggern'yurs
Not sure what to do in current quarantine status! I bet I could get my peep to line up if I could twist my string but I don't have a bow press. My local Archery World is actually doing house calls (awesome) and I could get them to put in a new string. Probably don't need it but what the hell. I'm bored....

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
I pull mine back on a draw bored and leave it for about 15-20 mins. After that it should be settled.

I just put some Vapor Trail strings on my RX4. They are great and definitely an upgrade from stock.

sneaky

"DADDY"
HogWire makes an outstanding set of strings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk