String frayed in New PSE Stinger Max?

Rodéo

WKR
Do you wax your string every 20 shots? PSE is saying the wax starts to deteriorate every 20 shots. I got the bow about 3 weeks ago and 150 arrows through it without wax. So I guess its my fault.
My factory strings on the same bow (which truly do suck at best as @Rob5589 said) lasted for over two years and thousands of shots while being waxed maybe once every 4 months. Your cable slide is the problem, I really am at a loss for why PSE keeps telling you to wax every 20 shots. Sounds ridiculous.

OP
J

Jonny360

FNG
My factory strings on the same bow (which truly do suck at best as @Rob5589 said) lasted for over two years and thousands of shots while being waxed maybe once every 4 months. Your cable slide is the problem, I really am at a loss for why PSE keeps telling you to wax every 20 shots. Sounds ridiculous.

Yeah I dunno, its hard to want to send it into them for inspection when I admittedly have not waxed the string since I got it 3 weeks and 150arrows ago. So if thats their position it seems like a done deal that I am to blame. In most places this is probably. not that big a deal, grab a new string and slider and go. Its just we only have one shop here that deals with bows, and only one guy that works their that deals with bows. And getting a new string ordered in time and then setup is gonna be tough.

So i've ordered my new slider, i've ordered venom wax. And i'm going to put the new slider on and wax the crap out of it and hope that it lasts another 3-4 weeks till the season is over. Then ill maybe i'll send it into PSE and see if they will replace the string, or i'll just spend the $90 for a new string and call it done.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Couldnt hurt to order a set of buck slayer strings now. I just got some within 7 days of order. If they dont get on before season then it is what it is. I would try to get them on rather than risk your strings letting go while drawing your bow. Then you could have bigger problems.

OP
J

Jonny360

FNG
Couldnt hurt to order a set of buck slayer strings now. I just got some within 7 days of order. If they dont get on before season then it is what it is. I would try to get them on rather than risk your strings letting go while drawing your bow. Then you could have bigger problems.

Like I said. One shop. One guy. Getting new strings installed and setup will be tough.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Like I said. One shop. One guy. Getting new strings installed and setup will be tough.

Yes sir I understand that. However when you have all the parts and pieces then you can make that assesment if you have time to get them swapped or not. Doesnt hurt to drop the shop a line once you have the stuff in hand. They will either have time or not.

OP
J

Jonny360

FNG
Yes sir I understand that. However when you have all the parts and pieces then you can make that assesment if you have time to get them swapped or not. Doesnt hurt to drop the shop a line once you have the stuff in hand. They will either have time or not.

I think i'd prefer to buy the string from the shop. Just like I would have preferred to buy the bow from them too. I feel like it makes the shop a little friendlier when you are buying all the pieces from them. Having said that it is what it is. When I went in today he said we'll order you a new string after the season. Which to me says, he doesn't have time to do it now. Just how it seemed to me, maybe i'm reading it wrong.

Rob5589

WKR
I am probably more cautious/paranoid than most but, I wouldn't shoot those. That's not simple "fuzzing" from lack of wax.

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
My personal opinion If you want to save your season is contact another shop and make the 4 hour drive if they are willing to help you out. If they were a PSE dealer it might make things easier

OP
J

Jonny360

FNG
I am probably more cautious/paranoid than most but, I wouldn't shoot those. That's not simple "fuzzing" from lack of wax.

I'm going to pursue getting a replacement string from PSE. I've already ordered a new Saunders hyper glide slider. If they can just send me a new string that will simplify things.

Rob5589

WKR
I'm going to pursue getting a replacement string from PSE. I've already ordered a new Saunders hyper glide slider. If they can just send me a new string that will simplify things.
If I were you, I'd buy a quality set. The ones that come on the bow are of pretty poor quality. You are paying to swap them anyway, may as well make it worth your while.