String twisted too much?

I have an older (2008.5) elite z28 that I just replaced the strings on. I’ve had problems getting the bow into spec - after replacing them, the draw length was too long, draw weight too high and brace height too short.

To get the bow into spec, I ended up having to take a number of twists out of the cables and put several in the string. Because brace height was low, I put more twists in the string than I took out of the cables in hope of getting that closer to spec.

I finally got it fairly close to spec (ATA is in spec, brace height is still a hair short but close, and draw is still about 1/4 inch long) and it’s pulling at 63.7 lbs (my understanding is that older elites tend to pull 1-4 lbs above the rated draw weight).

However, given the amount of twists I put in the string (lost count but more than 3 and less than 10) it now looks like a pretty tight twist so I’m wondering if I overdid it.

I included a pic below what are folks thoughts, does this look over twisted or am I just overthinking it?

Attachments

• 86166D73-E583-4E0F-AC4F-7692E9C602BA.jpeg
    86166D73-E583-4E0F-AC4F-7692E9C602BA.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 43

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that’s not good. Your string is over twisted and both your cables have almost no twists. Do you still have the old strings to compare the lengths to? Was it close to spec with the old strings?

OP
G
Yeah that was what I was afraid of. Unfortunately I think I tossed the old string. I didn’t measure the specs before I replaced the string anyway. But given the amount of twisting/untwisting it took to try to get the bow back in spec I figured something might be off on the length for the new string/cables