Strings

Time for a new set of strings. Rogue or catfish? And what material
Catfish Customs is the best quality and value I have used. Mike's work is fantastic, if you have an issue he will fix it, and his turn around time is the best.

I prefer X99. It's super stable and I usually get about two years out of a set and I shoot year round.

I recently tried a set with bloodline Vec-99. It was super slick to work with and I came to the conclusion that waxing my string when it needs it is not that big of a deal.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
I would go with Rogue if you want your shaft to clock to the right, otherwise it doesn't really matter. X99 is great stuff, 452X still works just fine as well.

I would go with Rogue if you want your shaft to clock to the right, otherwise it doesn't really matter. X99 is great stuff, 452X still works just fine as well.

It doesn't change it. I shot Rogue on a bow. Still a CCW rotation.

452X for me. Haven't ever shot catfish. No problems with Rogue

Reactions: Zac

Rodéo

WKR
I've tried catfish and jbk customs so far. Had to get a replacement set from mike at catfish customs but his lead times/turnaround is solid. I've had the jbk's (vec99) on my bow for about 200 shots now and I think jbk and vec99 will be my go to strings from now on. It did take Jeff over at jbk a while to get the strings made and delivered though. If you're in a rush I'd look elsewhere, if you can wait, go jbk.

JDB9818

WKR
Of those two options, Catfish Customs.

I have a set on my bow with probably 3000 shots on them and they still look new and I have had zero peep twist issues.

Having said that, I just put a set of Threadz on another bow and they have probably 500 shots on them with the same results. Nice thing with Threadz was that they built the set and shipped them the next day, Catfish was a longer turn around time. Price was about the same on both sets.

I’ve never seen a set of Rogue’s but it seems they are expensive and I don’t think your getting anything better than a smaller cottage builder.

I personally like the newer materials (Mercury, Vec99, etc.).

I’ve had sets from Twisted X, Catfish Customs, Buck Slayer, JBK, Hog Wire, Threadz, strict 9, Tamarack and probably one or two others. Catfish, Threadz and Twisted X are the nicest I’ve used. Just depends on what you want to spend and how long you are willing to wait.