Strongfleece 210 vs 260

bigharge

WKR
Anyone run one or both of these this last season? Would like to know your opinion on them. I've heard only negatives on the 260 hood fit which makes me lean towards the 210. Just curious as it's a material I havent tried yet. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I have both. I love my 260 and haven’t had any issue with the hood. It’s very warm and works really well at cutting wind, especially for a fleece layer. If you are familiar with the peloton 240, it’s considerable warmer and blocks more wind than that. It also doesn’t seem to pull/snag as much. Wore mine as an outer layer or mid layer all season, probably 30+ days in backcountry.
I have used the 210 less, and only got it because of a good sale, but like it as well. I’ll use it as an outer layer on chilly mornings where it will warm up to 60-70 during day.
These, especially the 260, fit a hole in my layer system I’ve been trying to nail down for a while. I’ve tried the FL halstead and a few Sitka fleece, but the warmth/weight combined with the ability to cut wind and durability make the strong fleece one of my favorite pieces.

I have both and the 240 as mentioned above. Anything earlier in the season its the lighter of the two. The later it gets the more I throw on the 260.

Im usually colder than most by about a mid layer. If you’re average the 210 should work plenty well. If you’re like me and get a little chillier then the 260.

I wore the 260 in WY this year for 10 of the 13 days I hunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
I think they both hit the weight to warmth ratio pretty well. For very cold backpack hunts I'd do a light merino base/peloton 97 quick zip/strongfleece 260 hoody/puffy/rain jacket as my complete upper layering system. Worked wonderfully on a frigid elk hunt last fall. For when temps will be above freezing I plan on light merino base/peloton 97 hoody/strongfleece 210/puffy/rain jacket. Love the kangaroo pocket for sitting around camp or glassing in temps that don't require the puffy to come out.