Struggle season.

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone else still trying to put meat in the freezer this season. I’ve been chasing a buck I’ve had pictures of in summer. Seen him twice but never offered a shot. Had a doe group out or range once and does give me shots but not having a anterless tag for the area. We’re into gun season now looking to get it done with the bow. Still have a few more weeks early December and early January. Not much for rut activity when I was out. Started seeing bucks more in daylight driving to work in the passed two weeks. The weather has been up and down here in pa. Just trying to keep it positive here. How’s everyone else

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in northern WV. I've had the best season I've ever had as far as whitetails. Hunted here and Ohio have killed 3 of my 4 biggest bucks this season alone with my bow. That being said, just 2 years ago I had the most grueling season I've ever had. Took it down to the wire in late season and finally punched my tag on my target buck on my 70th yes 70th sit of the season. It's not over till the season is buddy, never lose that hope!

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Well congrats man! I’m trying to hold it together here yet it’s all fun either way just hoping to get something on the ground soon. Just gonna focus on some does I think now

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
Rough year out west. Specifically Arizona.

Elk rut was late and weak with the droughts. Warmer weather kept a lot of the deer up higher than normal but you're seeing some action pick up with these later hunts. And tags were so much harder to come by in my units that are normally an every year pickup. Tons of people out camping, tearing up the woods and leaving trash everywhere.

Overall, I've spent many more days out in God's creation than last year. So freezer full or empty, it's hard to complain. Just the way 2020 goes.

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Rough year out west. Specifically Arizona.

Elk rut was late and weak with the droughts. Warmer weather kept a lot of the deer up higher than normal but you're seeing some action pick up with these later hunts. And tags were so much harder to come by in my units that are normally an every year pickup. Tons of people out camping, tearing up the woods and leaving trash everywhere.

Overall, I've spent many more days out in God's creation than last year. So freezer full or empty, it's hard to complain. Just the way 2020 goes.
Yes the weather has been crazy. Everyday I’ve been able to get out it is usually unseasonably hot. But that’s how it goes I guess still enjoying my time.
I’m sorry to hear about the people tearing up the place. Not suprised there are more people out and about through all this but still gotta treat the land and woods like it’s your own

Yes the weather has been crazy. Everyday I’ve been able to get out it is usually unseasonably hot. But that’s how it goes I guess still enjoying my time.
I’m sorry to hear about the people tearing up the place. Not suprised there are more people out and about through all this but still gotta treat the land and woods like it’s your own
Not up in northern PA today lol.... straight blowing snow

Stay positive and good luck. It can happen in an instant. This season I am a fortunate hunter with three deer in the freezer to feed the family. Last year, zero. Peaks and valleys for sure.

Weather might be an issue. I have stayed close to home this year. White tail in PA and NY. Weather has been odd. Cycles of warm and cold. One old timer I hunt with in NY claims the rut hasn’t happened there yet.

As far as numbers, I have seen lots of deer in PA and TONs during my one NY trip. I mean 30+ deer in fields driving home from dinner the first night before the hunt. Maybe their movement patterns are altered a bit by warmer weather but they are there.

I took nice 8-pointer the first week of PA archery season. Not a trophy, but a nice big bodied buck. We killed 5 between 3 guys in NY. I got another nice 8-pointer. I talked to the processor and he said last year was terrible. This year is about average so far.

Lowg08

WKR
Well I got out three or four times. Got packed in camp set up and ruined my knee. Will almost assured of knee surgery first of the new year

Attachments

• 5A60C8CF-8388-4DB8-9169-6800E4F23482.jpeg
    5A60C8CF-8388-4DB8-9169-6800E4F23482.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 12
  • C4887348-0E51-4AC0-BDFA-2A0CE058CF57.jpeg
    C4887348-0E51-4AC0-BDFA-2A0CE058CF57.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 12
OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Weather might be an issue. I have stayed close to home this year. White tail in PA and NY. Weather has been odd. Cycles of warm and cold. One old timer I hunt with in NY claims the rut hasn’t happened there yet.

As far as numbers, I have seen lots of deer in PA and TONs during my one NY trip. I mean 30+ deer in fields driving home from dinner the first night before the hunt. Maybe their movement patterns are altered a bit by warmer weather but they are there.

I took nice 8-pointer the first week of PA archery season. Not a trophy, but a nice big bodied buck. We killed 5 between 3 guys in NY. I got another nice 8-pointer. I talked to the processor and he said last year was terrible. This year is about average so far.
Congratulations man. Yeah I’ve been seeing deer also. Just struggling for the shot. But I had a shot on a smaller 6 point. But I knew a bigger buck was in the area. Let the hunt go on.

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Well I got out three or four times. Got packed in camp set up and ruined my knee. Will almost assured of knee surgery first of the new year
Man that sucks. Hope you can get it fixed up and get back out there!