Stryker configuration options- rifle, tripod, and spotter.

platapus

Lil-Rokslider
I was finally drawn for an extremely hard to draw either sex Elk tag in MT that I have been putting in for 27 years, 17 bonus points, 8 years as a nonresident, sad I know. I shot a cow there last year and you literally have no idea how stoked I am.

I replaced my Cargo Panel, which I have hauled elk out with and it did great. The replacement is the Stryker and a Sherman Pocket. I am a rifle hunter and this is my day pack.

I bought a Leica 65mm APO Televid along with a Leofroto LS 284c and am now trying to find the most efficient way to pack these on the Stryker in addition to the rifle. The spotter and tripod will be here in the next week or so.

The Sherman Pocket is obviously on the outside of the bag that can be unclipped from the top to hang down and transport the rifle.

The plan for the tripod is to run two legs down the inside of the bladder sleeve and the third leg down the outside.

This leaves the Spotter. I have researched and tried to find any pictures similar to my setup but haven't found anything remotely close.

What I came up with is to purchase a Kifaru Large Compression Pocket and attach it to the molle on the panel. I wish Kifaru would have molle'd the bag side as well the panel but understand why they didn't.

This isn't the most ideal but the best I could come up with so far. Reason being, hauling out quarters, the spotter will be inside the Large Compression Pocket and will be smashed in between the frame and the quarter and taking up compression space.

My other option with this setup (assuming I'm hauling quarters out) would be that when the Sherman is in hanging with the rifle up the back is to relocate the Large Compression Pocket to the back of the bag but am unsure how this will work with the rifle alignment. I hope I am explaining this adequately to understand.

I am open to thoughts and suggestions if someone has come up with a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do.

Any other rifle Hunters out there with a similar setup that can share advice and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Jcros

FNG
I am interested in hearing this as well.

On another note, would you want to sell your cargo panel?

WTFJohn

WKR
I have my Stryker & Shape Charge pocket loaded up for lion hunting right now; I use a Gun Bearer though instead of packing the rifle on my back. SC pocket has first aid stuff and my kill kit. In the Stryker is a woobie, 65mm Swaro, possibles, food/stove, etc. Seating pad & puffy goes between the bag and the frame, tripod goes on the exterior with two of the bag-to-frame straps tight against the tripod center pole & two legs (one leg outside).

You can also leave the spotter attached to the tripod, place it all into the water bladder sleeve and run the Sherman over the top as a lid. Use a puffy or similar for padding. Remember you only have to have a safe carry method for the spotter & meat at the same time for one trip out, then you'll be switching to freighter mode for the rest of the trips.

OP
P

platapus

Lil-Rokslider
I have my Stryker & Shape Charge pocket loaded up for lion hunting right now; I use a Gun Bearer though instead of packing the rifle on my back. SC pocket has first aid stuff and my kill kit. In the Stryker is a woobie, 65mm Swaro, possibles, food/stove, etc. Seating pad & puffy goes between the bag and the frame, tripod goes on the exterior with two of the bag-to-frame straps tight against the tripod center pole & two legs (one leg outside).

You can also leave the spotter attached to the tripod, place it all into the water bladder sleeve and run the Sherman over the top as a lid. Use a puffy or similar for padding. Remember you only have to have a safe carry method for the spotter & meat at the same time for one trip out, then you'll be switching to freighter mode for the rest of the trips.

WTFjohn, thanks for the insight. I thought about the Shape Charge as well.

I also have an extra Guide Lid but don't know if it will work.

I have a Gun Bearer as well but found that on the back transports better, IMO. I'll have to wait until everything arrives and play around with the setup to see what will work best.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
The nitize gear ties work well ran through the webbing in the cargo panel of the Stryker to secure a tripod or other items.

I have been trying to come up with a solution for the same thing as I am running the Stryker for my early season/day setup. I have been thinking about making a pocket that uses k clips and a buckle to the attachment points on the side of the bag that you use a compression strap to the frame. If I end up doing it I’ll post some pics. That’s my current plan right now anyway.

OP
P

platapus

Lil-Rokslider
I have been trying to come up with a solution for the same thing as I am running the Stryker for my early season/day setup. I have been thinking about making a pocket that uses k clips and a buckle to the attachment points on the side of the bag that you use a compression strap to the frame. If I end up doing it I’ll post some pics. That’s my current plan right now anyway.

Definitely interested in seeing how it turns out, please keep us updated.

Thank you

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
I have a stryker on order and my plan is similar to my cargo panel/large side pocket/guide lid set up I am currently using for day hunts.

The plan is water bladder in frame sleeve pocket, tripod and spotter between bag and frame. Day kit and kill kit in bag. Guide lid empty going in.

Going out with a load. I would put day kit and kill kit in guide lid. Spotter and tripod in bag. Meat between frame and bag.

tdot

WKR
You can also use the gun bearer lower pocket and then store the gun behind your shoulder and strapped to the frame. I use the Stone Glacier top strap so I still have a quick release option from that position. A side benefit is that this keeps the weight of your rifle close to your body

Maybe consider a spotting scope case from Marsupial Gear. It could easily be strapped to the outside of the Stryker when you are packing meat and against the panel the rest of the time.

Definitely interested in seeing how it turns out, please keep us updated.

Thank you
Made a spotting scope pocket tonight for my Stryker. Lined up the attachment points on the main bag so you can loop through with K clips and buckles. (Don’t mind the auto lock. I had it handy)
Size is specific to the size of my scope.
scope is a 18-45x65 Zeiss Dialyt.

pretty stoked! It should be nice and solid and moves with the bag if I’m hauling anything.

Attachments

• 4E7E2A0F-52C8-4E32-86E9-A398597136DC.jpeg
    4E7E2A0F-52C8-4E32-86E9-A398597136DC.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 143807E2-E996-4ED7-84F2-6BD1DCEF3F8E.jpeg
    143807E2-E996-4ED7-84F2-6BD1DCEF3F8E.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 81
  • BBCC5A8F-3F16-4D71-95EB-8D94BA1231E2.jpeg
    BBCC5A8F-3F16-4D71-95EB-8D94BA1231E2.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 14ED2D74-370F-4B7F-94F6-D4F47232984B.jpeg
    14ED2D74-370F-4B7F-94F6-D4F47232984B.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 86
  • FB515E4E-EB52-4793-9245-16BC285F3B42.jpeg
    FB515E4E-EB52-4793-9245-16BC285F3B42.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 91
OP
P

platapus

Lil-Rokslider
That looks great, nice work! It look like it will be very functional and out of the way.