Stryker pack without frame???

MightyMatt

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone figured out a way to run a stryker without a frame? I was looking at a omni frame sheet and thinking I could slide it into the water bladder pouch to stiffen it up and run it as a stand alone pack. I picked up some X-ray shoulder straps but haven't got the frame sheet yet. Just wondering if anyone has mastered this yet and could share some tips on how it worked or if it is a waste of time. My thinking was it would be nice to still have the load sling for a platform and if I could stiffen it up a bit I think it could make a really nice Eastern whitetail pack for stand/saddle hunting. I guess Aron would be the best guy to ask as I'm sure it has crossed his mind or been mentioned to him possibly. I thing it would be a great saddle pack but I don't need the frame for what I'm doing in Michigan most of the time. Thanks, Matt

No, you need a frame. There's the frameless packs like the 357 14er and Kutthroat. The others need a Duplex frame.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ccarr

FNG
Has anyone figured out a way to run a stryker without a frame? I was looking at a omni frame sheet and thinking I could slide it into the water bladder pouch to stiffen it up and run it as a stand alone pack. I picked up some X-ray shoulder straps but haven't got the frame sheet yet. Just wondering if anyone has mastered this yet and could share some tips on how it worked or if it is a waste of time. My thinking was it would be nice to still have the load sling for a platform and if I could stiffen it up a bit I think it could make a really nice Eastern whitetail pack for stand/saddle hunting. I guess Aron would be the best guy to ask as I'm sure it has crossed his mind or been mentioned to him possibly. I thing it would be a great saddle pack but I don't need the frame for what I'm doing in Michigan most of the time. Thanks, Matt
Hi Matt,
Wondering if you ever figured a good way to make this work?