Stryker to a Bikini platform frame

beaston

FNG
For all you guys that make your own packs and such is there a way to modify a kifaru Stryker pack to fit my old bikini frame that I bought with my gen 1 Nomad. I don't have one yet to analyze the pack to see if it can be retrofitted and any insight as to why it's not a good idea if it can be done. I would like to just switch out packs and not invest in a new frame.
TIA

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
You might email kifaru to confirm but I seem to remember them saying that they would never make gear that wouldn't work with previous generations of gear.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
B

beaston

FNG
You might email kifaru to confirm but I seem to remember them saying that they would never make gear that wouldn't work with previous generations of gear.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I did contact them and the lady said the new packs won't work with that frame. I was surprised to hear and wanted to verify before buying one. I really want to try the Stryker but buying another frame puts it at a hefty investment. Hoping some guys on here know the difference and if its feasible and easy to modify the Stryker pack for my old frame.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the exact same situation. Did you ever get your Stryker mounted on the bikini frame?

OP
B

beaston

FNG
No sir.. I see they are now creating another frame which I understand is a selling point but when I purchased my pack and frame I thought it was going to be versatile enough to just buy different packs for different purposes. Disappointed to say the least..

tater

WKR
I have had bikini frames for a long time, and looking at the attachment points on the website they use the same common loops as the old mountain rambler and emrII for mounting which both fit the bikini frame.

No slight to the Kifaru team (probably best CS in the business), but with their growth i am wondering if the lady you talked to has seen a bikini frame. If she was hired in the last five years i would guess she hasn't...

If we could get someone to post up a pic or two of a stryker mounted on a duplex light that would go a long way.

OP
B

beaston

FNG
I have had bikini frames for a long time, and looking at the attachment points on the website they use the same common loops as the old mountain rambler and emrII for mounting which both fit the bikini frame.

No slight to the Kifaru team (probably best CS in the business), but with their growth i am wondering if the lady you talked to has seen a bikini frame. If she was hired in the last five years i would guess she hasn't...

If we could get someone to post up a pic or two of a stryker mounted on a duplex light that would go a long way.
Thanks for the input. I wish Aaron would voice an opinion or someone who has used a bikini with the Stryker packs. I can sew so just wondering if they are close enough to make fit.

Just text Aron. He posts his cell all over the internet offering to help guys out.

If you can’t find it shoot me a pm and I’ll give you the contact info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk