Stryker with Duplex Lite or tactical frame?

gunsmith89

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at this pack and wondering opinions on if I should go with the duplex lite or tactical.

I am looking to up grade from the pack that I currently use. I have been using a slumber jack rail hauler with just a small day pack. It has worked really well the last few years however I looking to get something with some more storage for multi day trips to get farther away from camp.

I do 1-3 trips out west each year elk and mule deer and will be doing some antelope and hopefully a moose hunt in the next 5 few years as well. I hunt with either trad gear or rifle.

I would like to be something that I would also be able to use where I live in Minnesota for Whitetail, Turkey and bear hunting as well where I pack a lone would tree stand and 4 climbing sticks on as well.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Benn

I've owned a couple hunter frames, currently own a lite frame, and just ordered a tactical frame a couple days ago. I bought a stryker but, have yet to hunt it. I think it will do very well on the Lite frame. But, I've always hankered for a tactical frame because I really liked the hunter frames I had. I should have never sold them honestly but, I wanted to try different brands and after adding a Lite frame, I decided to sell the hunters because the Lite frame is pretty much 'da bomb.

The Lite frame will work for what you want just fine with the stryker bag. So would the tactical frame. Buy either with confidence. I've used Kifaru frames for eastern whitetail hunting when packing deer, stands, and gear is an option. I've used them out west too. And, for what you want, there are numerous bag options that kifaru offers that would fill your needs.

FWIW, I did a back pack fishing trip about a month ago and loaded up 3 days worth of gear in a dry bag in the cargo panel of the stryker but, opted to go with my timberline 2 instead right before leaving. I've heard it here a bunch and after several years of experimenting with it, you will never wish you had a smaller bag when carrying days worth of gear and food. But, you will wish you had a bigger one if your bag is too small. Just keep that in mind if you only buy one bag.

The Stryker on the D-Lite works great. I did an over nighter with it last weekend.
I think though I'll use my Crater or bigger bag for any over night trips or anytime I need to pack a camp. It "can" do the task. But the weight it was a bit of weight far away from my body. Not that I had a lot of heavy stuff but it was just a little awkward. Maybe with some practice a guy could figure out how to be more stream lined.

So I'll mainly just be using it for a whitetail/prairie bag from the truck. I had an Apollo for my old Duplex and it was great. This is like an improved Apollo.

The problem with Kifaru is they've got so many dang options that while you initially start with one bag, that quickly turns into a gateway drug
0929fa1c02f469e800c3b230a872fb7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
gunsmith89

gunsmith89

Lil-Rokslider
Beautiful bow too! I just got a new one a couple weeks ago from Stalker and absolutely love it!

The weight too far back you are referring to the bag not the frame correct? I will hopefully 🤞be packing out elk with this each year as well so I wasn't sure if there would be a difference in the frames as far as comfort/capacity for heavy awkward meat loads.

Attachments

• 83AB238B-994F-4C94-A971-12B3CEBBAE90.JPG
    83AB238B-994F-4C94-A971-12B3CEBBAE90.JPG
    597.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: