STS vs. STX...What's the diference?

Better for spot and stalk hunting, STS or STX?

• STS

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • STX

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
New member here, tried looking through historical posts, but didn't find anything...

Want to buy a new Swarovski spotter. Been eying the STS 20-60x65mm. Came across the STX and tried to compare, but not seeing any real difference between the STS and STX, other than the STX is $1000 more.

Anyone know what the benefits are of the STX over the STS? trying to see if the extra funds are worth it for what I plan to do.

Thanks and appreciate any input
John

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The STX is part of the module system. Great overall for sure. Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss the differences and which would be best for you

stx has field flatteners so its sharp across the entire field of view, is heavier, but better image.
the only x-series spotter i've looked through was the 95mm, and the view is incredible, made my zeiss 85 diascope look like a walmart special.

the sts is very similar optically to my kowa 664. A very good scope and always will be, but it's not a stx.

The two primary benefits are its modularity and improved optics. If you are going to stick with a single size objective for all of your needs, then save the money and go with the STS. If you want change your objective to suite different needs, then go with the STX.

I have both the 65mm and 95mm objectives. I take whichever one makes the most sense for that hunt or outing.

Owned both STS 25-50 and now own the STX 25-60

- Modularity is amazing, opens up a lot of options
- Field flattening edge to edge sharpness, the useable FOV on the STS though is still pretty incredible
- Sharpness and resolution are better, not by much
- New Acra swiss integrated plate allows me to negate some of the added weight
- FOV is useable through the entire range to 60, I found when I used the 60 power on the STS (Before I bought the WA) that it wasn't useable. I'm picking tines apart on a deer and this mattered a lot to me.

Overall though, if money is tight, that STS is amazing...