Stuck at home? Catch a soccer game - World Cup time is coming.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
Could be, but I was referring to an uninteresting backyard game in which competitors toss bean bags in the hope of getting them into a hole in an angled board (basketball-style) which inexplicably generated enough momentum to have its tournaments televised.
Hilarious description btw.

three5x5s

WKR
Hmmmm. Paint drying? Or Soccer? Paint it is! Sorry I had to! My buddy is a major soccer fan and this is my usual response to him 😂
I like to watch when they fall down, like they were struck by lightning and flop around like a fish on the pond bank for 5 minutes. Then when some guy in a different uniform pulls a yellow or red card out of his pocket they get up like nothing happened.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
I like to watch when they fall down, like they were struck by lightning and flop around like a fish on the pond bank for 5 minutes. Then when some guy in a different uniform pulls a yellow or red card out of his pocket they get up like nothing happened.
To the casual observer, these "fouls" may appear like nothing, but often times incidents like this are result of a serious injury to a players feelings or ego. The more bad the feelings are hurt, the more flopping or rolling on ground.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
USA was drawn in to group b. Their opponents will be england, iran, and (winner of scotland/wales/ukraine playoff)

No group in the world cup is easy but this is a pretty favorable draw based on what some of the outcomes could have been.

Canada is in group f. Their opponents will be belgium, croatia, Morocco. Canada definitely has a tougher job on paper than the usa.

Other potential teams of interest for this forum:

Group c: argentina, mexico, poland, saudis

Group d:
France, denmark, Tunisia, (Australia, peru, or uae)

Group E:
Spain, germany,japan, (new zealand or costa rica)

Good luck to all fans of their respective countries! Enjoy, it one happens once every 4 years.

Last edited:

ozyclint

WKR
Watched the Canada/Belgium game.

WOW!! Canada was awesome. Very entertaining and weren't intimidated by the opposition or the occasion. They thoroughly deserved at least a draw.
Much better to watch than my National team that are boring as batshit.

Hope to see Canada get a win.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
That is funny...my wife and both her sisters played soccer through college so I have a feeling my daughters will play. If it pays for college I'm all for it, but not sure what is worse Soccer, Baseball or catching your sack on a barbed wire fence.
Hey, I enjoy a soccer game. I can turn it on and be sound asleep n ten minutes. I wake up afters its over and find I missed an exciting 1-0 game.

TxxAgg

WKR
Canada did look pretty good. Surprised me

France looked crisp!

I really enjoyed the Japan/Germany game also

hunterjmj

WKR
My nephew tries to get our whole family excited about soccer but I just can't. Heck, I haven't even watched a football game in at least 10 years. I'll watch some X games type stuff once in a blue moon.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Hey, I enjoy a soccer game. I can turn it on and be sound asleep n ten minutes. I wake up afters its over and find I missed an exciting 1-0 game.
Then I heard the reported ESPN attacking the winning team for running up the score.:)

Yoder

WKR
I love how they get soooo excited when somebody finally scores a goal. Well, my dog has to poop. I would rather watch that.

Jimbob

WKR
Watched the Canada/Belgium game.

WOW!! Canada was awesome. Very entertaining and weren't intimidated by the opposition or the occasion. They thoroughly deserved at least a draw.
Much better to watch than my National team that are boring as batshit.

Hope to see Canada get a win.
Ya, it was exciting and extremely disappointing to come out of that effort with a loss.

My school (I'm a teacher) delayed classes and we packed into the science lab to watch the second half on the big screen. Fun experience.

bobinmi

WKR
I'm forced to watch 16 games a year because I'm supposed to "be a good father". That's enough for me thanks... I wish I liked it more if I'm being honest. You can always find a game to watch if you're into it and that is appealing. I've tried multiple times, just not my cup of tea.

Reactions: WCB
OP
C

CJ19

WKR
For those interested. The USA and England played a 0-0 draw. I was only able to watch the first half which was a good half of soccer. Both teams had periods of the half that they controlled and both teams had some good scoring chances. Not sure about the 2nd as i had to get ready for a deer hunt so i didnt watch.

The scenario for the USA is simple. Must win last group game to advance. Having your destiny in your own hands as a team is all you can really ask for imo and the usa does. We play iran in our final group match. Iran is not a push over at all but its a game our boys should win. The USA performances have been good and we have a very good team. The last usa group game is tuesday. It will be a good one to watch. Hopefully we advance.

England fans should be able to rest a little easier. Barring complete collapse (loss by 4 or more to wales) they should be through to the knock out round.

Lets go canada as well. Great team and i know there are some fans on here. But I think its a must win for the canadians 2nd group game to be in position to advance.

Aussies have a tough road ahead. They Will probably need to win again denmark and tunisua to advance. Good luck and enjoy the games aussie fans.

Thats the summary of countries i think we have fans for on the forum. Sorry if i missed your team.

TxxAgg

WKR
USA played pretty good in the 2nd half. They surprised me. If they play aggressive against Iran, they'll win for sure....Sometimes I think they play lazy/sloppy so let's hope they show up.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
For those interested. The USA and England played a 0-0 draw. I was only able to watch the first half which was a good half of soccer. Both teams had periods of the half that they controlled and both teams had some good scoring chances. Not sure about the 2nd as i had to get ready for a deer hunt so i didnt watch.

The scenario for the USA is simple. Must win last group game to advance. Having your destiny in your own hands as a team is all you can really ask for imo and the usa does. We play iran in our final group match. Iran is not a push over at all but its a game our boys should win. The USA performances have been good and we have a very good team. The last usa group game is tuesday. It will be a good one to watch. Hopefully we advance.

England fans should be able to rest a little easier. Barring complete collapse (loss by 4 or more to wales) they should be through to the knock out round.

Lets go canada as well. Great team and i know there are some fans on here. But I think its a must win for the canadians 2nd group game to be in position to advance.

Aussies have a tough road ahead. They Will probably need to win again denmark and tunisua to advance. Good luck and enjoy the games aussie fans.

Thats the summary of countries i think we have fans for on the forum. Sorry if i missed your team.

Mexico vs argentia today at 1 should be a good one. Will be interesting to see how argentina comes off the saudia arabia loss. Argentina is heavily favored.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I watched a series on Netflix about the corruption of FIFA over the past 20 years or so......wow what a bunch of snakes. The amount of under-the-table money that has been passed around on people landing the location of the tournament is crazy.

Games should have never been played in Qatar.. Its estimated that over 4000 workers lost their lives over the last 10 years working on the stadiums and infrastructure.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
I watched a series on Netflix about the corruption of FIFA over the past 20 years or so......wow what a bunch of snakes. The amount of under-the-table money that has been passed around on people landing the location of the tournament is crazy.

Games should have never been played in Qatar.. Its estimated that over 4000 workers lost their lives over the last 10 years working on the stadiums and infrastructure.
Im not sure about the specifics about the world cup and work conditions although i have heard many reports such as this. I am certain about the absolutely insane amounts of corruption at fifa prior to their fall as i had followed the sport very closely in my younger years. Everybody knew fifa, Jack Warner, and rest were some of the biggest mafia organization out there. Glad they were busted.

And correction above. England would need to lose by 6+ if my math is correct.