Stuck at home? Catch a soccer game - World Cup time is coming.

Billinsd

WKR
Soccer fan: I don't understand why Americans don't like soccer.

American: Who won the last game you watched?

Soccer fan: It was a tie!

American: There you go.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Kickball fan: Did you see the big blowout game!!!
American: no, what was the score?
Kickball fan: 2 to 0 It was CRAZY I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR NOT A FAN.
American: uh...ok.....
Kickball fan: There's billions of Kickball fans and millions of football fans, therefore kickball is BETTER than football or any other sport!!
American: More popular in the world, sure, but I don't care, I'm an American. Most of the world is a HELLHOLE, why should I want to be like the rest of the world?
Kickball fan: Want to look at my new vibrant colored shinguards that match my shorts?
American: Later!

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
Doesnt botherme that some people dont like soccer. I dont see how it affects my enjoyment of the games.

I had to watch the ticker as i was at work today. Was really tense but the usa has done a very professional job to advance with 1-0 win for 2nd in the grp with 5 pts. 1 win and 2 draws in the grp stage. Our only goal surrendered in first match vs wales was a stupid mistake.

Will face holland in next round for the knock out stages. Holland is very good but there is no reason this USA team cant beat them. Our boys are really good with hard work and a highly organized defensive shape through out the entire field being very hard for anyone to break down.

Last edited:

WCB

WKR
I'm forced to watch 16 games a year because I'm supposed to "be a good father". That's enough for me thanks... I wish I liked it more if I'm being honest. You can always find a game to watch if you're into it and that is appealing. I've tried multiple times, just not my cup of tea.
Similar here. Watched my sister in law play her last 2 years of High School and caught 1/2 dozen of her college games. Wife coached H.S. Soccer for 2 or 3 years and caught home games and playoff games. Absolute torture.

My wife and both her sisters played through college and none of them actually watch soccer...why you might ask? in their words it is boring as hell but fun to play. Same thing with Baseball...I liked playing it. Unless I get behind home plate tickets given to me with valet parking and free food and drinks, I'm not going or watching. But...there are people that watch fricken Corn Hole on ESPN the OCHO...guess the world needs ditch diggers to.

SWFLhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Doesnt botherme that some people dont like soccer. I dont see how it affects my enjoyment of the games.

I had to watch the ticker as i was at work today. Was really tense but the usa has done a very professional job to advance with 1-0 win for 2nd in the grp with 5 pts. 1 win and 2 draws in the grp stage. Our only goal surrendered in first match vs wales was a stupid mistake.

Will face holland in next round for the knock out stages. Holland is very good but there is no reason this USA team cant beat them. Our boys are really good with hard work and a highly organized defensive shape through out the entire field being very hard for anyone to break down.

The Dutch are going to smoke us.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
The Dutch are going to smoke us.
Disagree. The usa has a central midfield 3 that is as strong as any midfield unit in the tourney. The dutch thrive when they can play possession through the midfield. I think the usa will shut that down.

Last edited:
Had a repair man over today so went home over lunch and turned it on. It would've been much more exciting if I knew when the game was going to end. All the sudden it was over. Saw the end of the game the other day and I thought it went to 95 minutes? Anyways, probably won't see another game for another 4 years so not gonna look too much into it. Football conference championships on Saturday plus got a moose tag (wife) to fill!

Billinsd

WKR
My wife is a big soccer fan, she watched a lot with her dad as a kid and when he visits. It's fun to see her get excited and yell. Yesterday I heard my buddy Andres Cantor, screaming Goal over and over. I looked at the TV and thought, only basketball game have such fast scores. The station my wife was watching kept showing Andre singing Goal over and over. His last name is appropriate, but he the only song he knows is "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLL!!!" I played a bit as a kid and thought it was fun. One of my good buddies was on a team and real good. My brother was on a team. None of my kids played and it was fine. It's all fine with me except when zealots put down football or disparage America down or others because they don't enjoy watching it. I did enjoy watching the Brazil celebrations quite a lot, like watching Superbowl commercials. I used to enjoy baseball games the most and there's nothing more boring in the world to watch, unless you are really interested.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
We watched USA vs Iran and it was quite entertaining. Knowing what was on the line, added more juice. The last 20 mins was nail biting for sure. We'll be watching against Holland.

Disagree. The usa has a central midfield 3 that is as strong as any midfield unit in the tourney. The dutch thrive when they can play possession through the midfield. I think the usa will shut that down.
If they play like they did in the 1st half against Whales and Iran we have a chance...If we make horrible subs and play not to loose in the 2nd half like we did against Iran and Whales we will get destroyed. This coach drives me crazy....We can't have 6 guys hunkered down at the top of our box and let the Dutch have a go at us for 45min like we let Whales and Iran. We had 70% possesion and Iran had zero shots in the 1st half and it finished with both teams in the 40% range for possesion and Iran had 6 shots in the 2nd half...smh

You don't need to be stuck at home to watch...I think I have watched more matches streaming on my phone not at home...lol

three5x5s

WKR
They should change it, Zero-zero tie courts the same as a loss. 3 points for a win. 1 point for a scoring tie (1-1 2-2). Nothing if you make no effort to score. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

TxxAgg

WKR
They should change it, Zero-zero tie courts the same as a loss. 3 points for a win. 1 point for a scoring tie (1-1 2-2). Nothing if you make no effort to score. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME
There are several rounds about to start that are all Play to Win.

CHSD

WKR
I am not a soccer guy but do watch the world cup. I have a very limited knowledge of the game. Not many things in sports more intense than world cup penalty kicks to win or go home. I wouldn't mind watching that.

robtattoo

WKR
Ugh.
I grew up as the only kid in England that hated football (yes, it's football. There's a ball, you use your feet. Football)

These days, I'd rather stuff live wasps up me arse than have to suffer through a football match.

Ugh.
I grew up as the only kid in England that hated football (yes, it's football. There's a ball, you use your feet. Football)

These days, I'd rather stuff live wasps up me arse than have to suffer through a football match.

Should pitch that idea too ESPN, they might pick it up. First one to a hundred wins.

That would be a perfect fit for ESPN 8, "The Ocho"