Stuck with a stap-on bino adapter?

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Rokslide,

I've been using Diamondbacks with an outdoorsman stud in a tripod for years.

I recently inherited a pair of Zeiss Victorys after my grandfather passed away. The glass on these obviously blows my Diamondbacks out of the water, and they have pretty serious sentimental value to me, so I'd like to use them in the field for as long as possible.

These Zeis binos have no place to mount a stud. The hinge goes so far towards the objective lenses that I'm not sure I'd even want to. I think this design also nixes the option to use something like the Leupold bino clamp.

IMG_20220417_204014949.jpg

I called Zeiss with this question, and they recommended their product called the Binofix that straps over the top. They want $218 for it, which is straight-up insulting.

758258.jpg

I called cameraland for an alternative, and they sell the Swarovski Universal Tripod adapter for half the cost. That's right, Swarovski is the budget option.
q3H4MVHQdWHApxkRHNaAAQ.jpeg

Does anyone have any experience with the Swarovski adapter? Do you think it's truly universal? Are there any better options for binos that have huge hinges?

I'm not against a Leupold clamp or an RSS cinch adapter, but have no experience with them and imagine it could unbalance a tripod or make it un-ergonomic to pan if the body of the tripod extends so far back from the pivot point.

Last edited:

bmejia

FNG
I just got this new clamp mount from Leupold for my swaro's (and others), so far pretty happy with it. Black Ovis had them in stock. Shown on a pair of 8x32tempImageIZdri5.jpg

nobody

WKR
Already been mentioned, but I highly recommend this cheap one from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Snapzoom-Uni...d=1650495826&sprefix=snapzoom+,aps,117&sr=8-3

I've used the one from Swaro, Vortex's cheap one and their "Pro" adapter. I keep going back to this cheap-o version. It's light, it's cheap, and my favorite part is it's flat in my pack and doesn't take up any space! I can swap from my 10's, to 15's, can loan it to my friend or brother if needed, no need for a proprietary stud or anything. It's kinda stupid how great it's worked. It's by far my favorite piece of "cheap" gear that I run. My $1700 binos don't know the difference either!

nobody

WKR
Hello Rokslide,

I've been using Diamondbacks with an outdoorsman stud in a tripod for years.

I recently inherited a pair of Zeiss Victorys after my grandfather passed away. The glass on these obviously blows my Diamondbacks out of the water, and they have pretty serious sentimental value to me, so I'd like to use them in the field for as long as possible.

These Zeis binos have no place to mount a stud. The hinge goes so far towards the objective lenses that I'm not sure I'd even want to. I think this design also nixes the option to use something like the Leupold bino clamp.

View attachment 403383

I called Zeiss with this question, and they recommended their product called the Binofix that straps over the top. They want $218 for it, which is straight-up insulting.

View attachment 403396

I called cameraland for an alternative, and they sell the Swarovski Universal Tripod adapter for half the cost. That's right, Swarovski is the budget option.
View attachment 403398

Does anyone have any experience with the Swarovski adapter? Do you think it's truly universal? Are there any better options for binos that have huge hinges?

I'm not against a Leupold clamp or an RSS cinch adapter, but have no experience with them and imagine it could unbalance a tripod or make it un-ergonomic to pan if the body of the tripod extends so far back from the pivot point.
I already replied to the thread, but want to add comments about the Swaro adapter.

1. It's probably great with Swaro binos, but the fit was mediocre at best for my Vortex Razor UHD's and my buddy's Zeiss 10x56's.
2. The "elastic" strap isn't really elastic. It stretches, but man I had to pull way harder than I wanted to need to.
3. The footprint of space it takes up in your pack really kinda... sucks. It's almost flat, almost. But it's not boxy enough to take up a really uniform space. It's just really space inefficient because of it's shape.

Bottom line, it's ok. But after using it for a minute, it started gather dust in lieu of the Amazon one I shared above. It wasn't worth the price I paid for it, and even if it cost the same price as the one from Amazon, I would still buy the Amazon one because it has a smaller footprint in my pack and it really is more universal across all brands in my experience.

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
The Leupold is tough to beat for $20. Works like a champ.

Checkout the aziak bino clamps, seemed like the best option when i was looking. Super light and minimal, works fine with my bino harness while installed which is huge, dont to take it off and on its awesome

Matt G.

WKR
Another vote for the rrs cinch.... I like I can take off easily, light and compact for packing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR

CorbLand

WKR
I have the UTA and cant say that I love it. It works but its a little difficult to manage when you are trying to switch from 8s to 15s.

I use a Really Right Stuff Cinch Elite on my Zeiss Victory 10x56 RF binos. Prior to this I used the Outdoorsman Bino Hand. The Cinch Elite was worth every penny.

I'll post pictures once I get home later today.