Student loan refinance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewade07

WKR
What does you paying for 2 degrees have to do with this relief program?
I've paid back business loans before the gov did sweeping ppp loan forgiveness and didn't feel slighted by that in the least.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
By relief program do you mean bribe?

IdahoElk

WKR
I think the average student loan is around 50k? if the government gives between 10-20k in relief that's still a lot of money to payoff with interest being added.
Looks like Jr is still on the hook to big brother and needs to get a job.

CoStick

WKR
I think the average student loan is around 50k? if the government gives between 10-20k in relief that's still a lot of money to payoff with interest being added.
Looks like Jr is still on the hook to big brother and needs to get a job.
I believe I read if they are using the income based repayment plan the government would be covering the interest moving forward but I could have misread it.

amassi

WKR
By relief program do you mean bribe?
Bribing whom?
Take a wild guess on the proportion of voters who have student loan debt, make less than $125/$250k a year and took out Pell grants so they'll qualify for 20k instead of 10k. That statistic leans red, dark red in some states where... the bulk of their economy is based around federal subsidies to exist.

Just because some corn farmers in Iowa who went to school for farm sciences doesn't know where his bread is buttered doesn't make it any less buttery.

Will republican voters not take advantage of this program because of a democratic president?

How many Republicans took advantage of the first time homebuyer program under Obama

In case you haven't noticed the last 6 months of Supreme Court cases et el democrats didn't need to bribe any voters into showing up to the polls in November.

amassi

WKR
While we are piling on not paying debts out of a matter of principle, guess we should be witch-hunting anyone who has ever filed for bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan.
Or when billionaires can lever further investments/litigation to have debt forgiven without the hassle of default or bankruptcy.

Bribing whom?
Take a wild guess on the proportion of voters who have student loan debt, make less than $125/$250k a year and took out Pell grants so they'll qualify for 20k instead of 10k. That statistic leans red, dark red in some states where... the bulk of their economy is based around federal subsidies to exist.

Just because some corn farmers in Iowa who went to school for farm sciences doesn't know where his bread is buttered doesn't make it any less buttery.

Will republican voters not take advantage of this program because of a democratic president?

How many Republicans took advantage of the first time homebuyer program under Obama

In case you haven't noticed the last 6 months of Supreme Court cases et el democrats didn't need to bribe any voters into showing up to the polls in November.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapata
To be fair those corn farmers kids probably don't have student loans. . . Because their parents used the wildy advantageous tax code to show low or no income. Resulting in Jr getting full pell grants and fully subsidized health care for themselves all Jr, while he drove away to college in his brand new 2500 diesel pickup!

There is "poor" and then there is "the government allows me to claim to be poor".

rhaas90

FNG
It comes down to commitment. If you agree to take student loans in order to earn a greater opportunity to succeed, then you should pay for what you took. It shouldn’t be another’s responsibility to subsidize or bail you out!

My wife has loans that we pay on monthly. We have been fortunate in our careers. To her, this whole thing is a slap in the face as she now has to finish paying her loans, while indirectly compensating for others. What a terrible way to suppress those who contribute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.