Stuffed mushrooms

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Shrimp, bacon, sweet Italian sausage,, spinach, jarlsburg cheese, Parmigiano cheese.

Dice the peeled deceived cooked shrimp, dice cooked bacon, dice cooked sausage, chop the jarlsburg up. Sauce the spinach in extra virginbolive oil and chopped garlic.

Combine shrimp, bacon, sausage, spinach, jarlsburg and Parmigiano in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.

Stuff the cleaned out mushrooms and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
These are so good I think I will make some this evening. Enjoy.

Stuffed Mushrooms-

9 large mushrooms (or enough to cover a glass 9” x 9” baking dish)
3/4 cup chopped onion
1-2 Tbs. chopped garlic
1 tbs. dried basil
2 tbs. dried oregano
4 tbs. plus 2 tbs. butter
Non-stick spray or vegetable oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup coarse dry bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten

Butter the bottom of a baking dish. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Put
the mushrooms into the pan, upside down and spray with non-stick spray (canola oil).
Once the oil has been absorbed by the mushrooms, turn them over and put a pinch of
salt inside of each cap.

Stuffing
Sweat the onion, garlic and herbs in 2 tbs. of butter over medium-low heat until
translucent, about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Medium chop the
mushroom stems and add to pan. Add an additional 2 tbs. of butter and cook until
mushrooms are soft, about 10 minutes.
Add pine nuts and cook for 2 minutes. Add bread crumbs and cook for another 2
minutes. Mixture should be fairly thick. Add additional butter if mixture is too dry. Adjust
salt and pepper again as necessary.
Remove stuffing mixture from heat and set aside for 15 minutes. Once cooled
substantially, stir in the beaten egg.

Mushrooms
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a spoon to stuff the mushroom caps. Divide the stuffing evenly between all of the
caps. Stuffing should be heaping out of the cap!
Add two tablespoons of butter to the baking dish.
Bake in oven until caps are starting to turn soft, about 15 – 20 minutes. Serve warm

Finally something less controversial than 6.5 PRC, white claw, Nancy P. Also amazing with cheese and or crab meat or all the above.

Wapiti1

WKR
Remove the stems from the caps and chop the stems.
Saute the stems with garlic, onion, and rosemary. Low heat to sweat it until the onion is tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix the stem mixture with parmesan (or asiago or romano or a mix) cheese. About 2 to 1 stems to cheese.
Stuff back into the caps. Top with a shmear of tomatoe paste, and cover with a provolone cheese slice

Bake at 300 for about 10-15 minutes depending on how big the shrooms are, then hit it with the broiler to lightely brown the provolone.

Alternatively, you can just put them on the grill until the mushrooms are cooked to your liking. I prefer the grill for some smoke flavor.

Can also add meat to this when you saute the stems and spices. Bacon is a nice add as is sausage. Corned beef is also really good.

Jeremy

The Monterey mushroom plant is local to me here in Illinois so we have a way to get pounds on the cheap. Rinse/clean snap stems off. As mentioned you can use them for other recipes.
soften one box of cream cheese add anywhere from 1/2 to a pound of browned and chopped bacon then around a TBSP of Worcestershire you can do that to taste as well. Stuff the spread in the caps bake at 350 until browned.

Super easy and excellent party food when you need to take something to share. Enjoy!!

JFK

WKR
I do portabella mushrooms stuffed with wild pig italian sausage. They’re good. Any meat would work but it should be made into Italian sausage.

Cut the stems off the mushroom. Set aside and dice it up very fine. Sauté the Italian sausage, garlic and minced mushroom. When it’s almost done I add some basil and a little tomato paste and stir all that together. Set that aside off the stove to let it cool off. Once it’s cool stir in a little parmesan cheese and Italian bread crumb to help bind the mix.

Take the portabellas and put some olive oil, salt and pepper on them. Roast them in a hot oven till water pools in the center. About 10 or so minutes. Take them out, let them cool so they aren’t 1000 degrees and then dump the water out of the center.

Arrange the mushrooms on a cookie sheet. Mound the meat onto each mushroom, then top with more bread crumb and parmesan. Bake at around 350 until they are done. Everything is cooked at this point so you are just trying to finish the mushrooms and get the top crispy. That’s it. I make them so the mix is mostly meat and 1-2 per person is what I plan for. They keep well for leftovers as well.

ODB

WKR
don;t get crazy...

get mushrooms, clean and pop the top off
get jimmy dean
roll little balls of jimmy dean in flour and put in mushrooms
bake mushrooms
eat

Azone

WKR
Cream cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Diced Anaheim peppers
Swiss sausage crumbles
Diced green onions
Diced yellow onion
Diced garlic cloves

Cook them up high over an oak wood fire.