Stuffer for ground jerky

Looking for a stuffer to make some ground jerky. Doing small 10# batches so don’t need big or commercial unit. I have jerky gun but way to slow.Thanks in advance.

Lay out butcher paper

Plop big wad of ready to go jerky meat on paper

Cover with another butcher paper

Smash flat

Use rolling pin to thin out to size of dehydrator tray.

Peel off top layer of paper

Place dehydrator tray on meat upside down

Get fingers under first paper and flip everything upright

Peel off first paper,, Trim excess hanging over edge of tray

Dehydrate

Cut in strips, or desired shape with game shears, or rolling scissors.

You can use the same two papers several times before they quit working so good.

I’ve got a LEM 5# stuffed that has worked pretty good, it’s the only one I’ve had so not much to compare to.

I’ve also got a couple different jerky guns, the larger one works much better than the smaller all plastic one I’ve got.

muddydogs

WKR
Whether a jerky gun or small stuffer filling will take the most time, if you want a stuffer go big so you only have to fill it once or twice and think about future endeavors as it really sucks making 30 pounds of sausage 5 pounds at a time. Personally I prefer my big jerky gun over a stuffer when shooting jerky on racks to smoke,

OP
Y
I have a 12”x12” stainless steel frame a local welder made for me years ago. A customer wanted it to use as a gauge to roll out jerky and he made me one to but I never tried it. I think it is 1/4 or 3/8 of a inch thick. Might have to give it a try.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Dakotah brad water stuffer for ground jerky and sticks without a casing, and for stuffing sausages and other grounds into individual packages in case I don't want to grind them again (breakfast and Italian sausage for example). Not super fast, but sure easy to use and control.

OP
Y
I have seen that stuffer and very tempting. What is easier To make and smoke? the strips or the round? any other down falls to dakotah?

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
I have seen that stuffer and very tempting. What is easier To make and smoke? the strips or the round? any other down falls to dakotah?
Strips definitely. I'm still messing with the sticks to get them a better texture and still work through the stuffer. Ive never been a big fan of casing on sticks, so I went ths route after using a gun for a while

I run the strips out of the stuffer, transfer to grates and into the smoker or oven in the house. I have some stackable metal grates i can get 10 or so lbs of jerky on. I really like the stuffer for summer sausage, pepperoni and other sausages you don't want to mix too much to avoid the mush. works great for those, but at 10lbs capacity, it takes more time than a electric or manual.

The only major downfall of the water stuffers is the "return" time. If you're doing a big batch of stuff, more than 10 lbs, the unit takes a bit of time to empty the water out. Its only a garden hose type drain. Hunting buddy hooked up a cheap harbor freight pump to his and used a bucket of water with valves to pump water in to stuff and then switches the valve to pump the water out.

Look at getting a Colisimo’s jerky press. It can hook up to a grinder or a stuffer. It will do flat jerky strips, round snack sticks, brat sausage or any other sausage in that size, small sausage links, sausage patties, hamburger patties. All skinless (without the casing). I use mine to make hundreds sometimes thousands of lbs of jerky every year and throw in hundreds of lbs of hb patties. All my other sausages are done on a hydraulic stuffer into casings and then linked on a z-linker. Going to upgrade in the near future to a vacuum stuffer.