Stupidity...... Can this be fixed?

Loo.wii

WKR
While standing next to my truck during conversation with my buddy I placed placed my bow on my tonneau cover. A few minutes later i drove away with my bow still on my bed cover.........30 minutes later i realized i didnt have my bow. the follwing images are the result.

Can this be fixed in time for archery antelope ????????? its a prime inline 3 71306723147__E2CA772A-3C5E-45BA-8BAC-AFC8D3115DE0.jpeg

Attachments

• 71306722214__0561B5FE-48C3-4616-A78C-1FF7AFE82B4E.jpeg
    71306722214__0561B5FE-48C3-4616-A78C-1FF7AFE82B4E.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 71306720827__9FD94681-D004-4634-95F0-9EC768C1C55E.jpeg
    71306720827__9FD94681-D004-4634-95F0-9EC768C1C55E.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 112
It looks bent in the pictures, so needs to be replaced if that's the case.

If it's not bent, still straight down the sides I'd file it down smooth, save as much of the channel as possible. Check the serving, reserving if need be, shoot it. Order another cam.

Legend

WKR
Been there and done that. I set my bow on top of my car in a soft case. Made it 3 blocks down Brooks street in missoula before I remembered. The soft case saved it.

I'd replace that cam just to be safe. If you can find a new cam you will be ok in no time.

Beendare

WKR
It looks bent in the pictures, so needs to be replaced if that's the case.

If it's not bent, still straight down the sides I'd file it down smooth, save as much of the channel as possible. Check the serving, reserving if need be, shoot it. Order another cam.
Yep, no duct tape fix for that….its new cam time

bruno747

FNG
Call prime tomorrow, see if they can overnight you a new cam and cable or string whatever goes through the chewed up area. If you don't have a press, take the parts to a local archery shop and pay a few bucks to have them swap it out. Easy repair if you can get the parts in time.

If it were me, I would head to the closest reputable Prime dealer and have them assess. But, I'm pretty sure you need a new cam. May have damaged limbs and possibly your rider.

rclouse79

WKR
I haven’t done that one yet, knock on wood. I did dry fire my bow a few weeks before archery antelope and had to order a new cam. I believe that is the angriest I have ever been with myself. Good luck getting back in tune and sighted in.

Jon_G

WKR
I haven’t done that one yet, knock on wood. I did dry fire my bow a few weeks before archery antelope and had to order a new cam. I believe that is the angriest I have ever been with myself. Good luck getting back in tune and sighted in.
As they say, anyone that days they haven't dried fired their bow is lying through their teeth lol. I really don't think these cams can be saved like others have stated. Good luck I hope it works out for you!

Beendare

WKR
FWIW, Years ago after a lost coffee cup….i never put anything on my bumper or truck…unless its on the hood right in front of the drivers seat.

FWIW, Years ago after a lost coffee cup….i never put anything on my bumper or truck…unless its on the hood right in front of the drivers seat.

I learned to not pull upto something in a field.

Like a stump, or perhaps an auger attachment for a skid steer. Cause you will get back into the truck from behind and not notice it, and end up with the front end off the ground...

87TT

WKR
Sounds like a. good excuse to get a new bow! Then fix that one later and keep it for a backup or sell it.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
I learned to not pull upto something in a field.

Like a stump, or perhaps an auger attachment for a skid steer. Cause you will get back into the truck from behind and not notice it, and end up with the front end off the ground...
Sounds like real good advice to me. So easy to forget about something when you jump in your truck to take off.

87TT

WKR
A few years ago I dryfired my bow a little over a week before elk season.🤬 I had a backup but then got to worrying if something might happen to that one. Sooooo I got on Ebay of all places and found a brand new Helix for sale cheap as it was last years stock. Got it and had it set up and tuned in time for elk season. A new string on the other bow and it's good to go. Helps if you have your own press and stuff.

feanor

WKR
I dropped my halon on the cement and had damage to the cam, but not as bad as that looks. I would replace it.

CorbLand

WKR
I once went bow fishing. Set the bow on the grass in front of the pickup while I took my waders off. Threw everything in the pickup, drove the 20 or so minutes home and realized that my bow was still sitting on the grass. It was at very popular parking spot. Luckily, it was there when I got back to it.

Yarak

WKR
Ignorance can always be remedied by education but stupidity I'm sorry to say lasts forever
Get a new cam to avoid anymore incidents of stupidity