Sub 1k binos and no fault warranties

Any reports on how Nikon does? I've been coveting a set of 10x42 Monarch HGs for a while.
The HGs optics are very good - love the contrast, colors and expansive FOV. There is some slight color fringing in bright conditions and a few listed here are brighter at last light. Overall, they are optically equal or better than most in the $1k range.

The HGs handling and ergonomics are better than most. They are very light and handle very well. What puts some hunters off is there is a light leatherette armor covering the barrels but they are not armored over then entire bino. The overall build and component quality is very high.

However, Nikon’s Warranty Service is nowhere near as good as most of the others listed. Nikon does not participate in any MIL/LE discount program.

Leupold has an excellent .mil discount.
Their products aren’t made in China 🇨🇳
Exactly - I fell in love with their VX5HD scope line and since have been swapping scopes out for VX6HD and VX5HDs. All of their scopes are made in america and spotters and binos made in Japan. I can live with that. I know I can’t avoid all chinese made products, but whenever I can I support companies like Leupold. I get the discount as well - its awesome they do that.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know. Is that directly through maven? Active duty buddy has decided his set will be maven.

Yep. Give them a call and in about 30 seconds you are either talking to Mollie, or if she’s on break one of the owners takes your call. They’ll give you the code to apply to your order.

If you want to demo them first that’s possible, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any reports on how Nikon does? I've been coveting a set of 10x42 Monarch HGs for a while.
Nikon changed their warranty a couple of years ago to a 7 year warranty and you must have the original receipt from an authorized Nikon dealer or you have no coverage

TSimons9

FNG
Add German Precision Optics to your list. Lifetime no fault warranty, and Mil Discount. I used to run their 12.5x50 Passion HD and they are pretty damn good glass just under 1k with mil discount.

I have a couple Nikon products that I have sent in within the last couple of years for work. They were both bought 5 and 10 years ago so nothing new and I was worried that they would charge me to fix things. I did not have a receipt or anything like that. Had great customer service though. They sent me a brand new rifle scope back to replace the other that was discontinued and they fixed and cleaned up everything on the binos. Didn't pay anything other then shipping items to them. I know they don't advertise as great of warranty as other companies but I believe they will take care of you. At least they did in my case.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple Nikon products that I have sent in within the last couple of years for work. They were both bought 5 and 10 years ago so nothing new and I was worried that they would charge me to fix things. I did not have a receipt or anything like that. Had great customer service though. They sent me a brand new rifle scope back to replace the other that was discontinued and they fixed and cleaned up everything on the binos. Didn't pay anything other then shipping items to them. I know they don't advertise as great of warranty as other companies but I believe they will take care of you. At least they did in my case.
Me too. I have a pair of SE 8x32's that I bought about 15 years ago and had no receipt. They told me to ship them in and they'd replace the eyecups. Two weeks later they're back in my hands.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
I'd throw sig sauer into the mid range bino with a no fault warranty. They go on sale a TON so you can get a great price and have a military discount. The zulu7 and zulu9 are both japanese glass made in the same factories as mavens, conquest, tract, leopold, gpo vortex and all the others that are importing binoculars and slapping their names on them. I have the zulu7 12x50 I picked up for 500 bucks and they are as good as my brunton epoch binos that were 1600 about 5 years ago (brunton was the same guys who run maven now) I also have a maven spotter and it's great. I'm not brand loyal when all these optics are coming from the same place and quality is so close to each other these days. Get a list together of what specs you want figure out what binoculars meet those specs then look for the best deal without worrying about the name on the side

Last edited:
OP
Wingnut037
I appreciate all of the replies and advice. Pulled the trigger on some Zeiss Conquest for far cheaper than I expected. Now to search for a range finder!

Kowa has a lifetime warranty, but it doesn't cover alteration, misuse or abuse. I'm a bit skeptical of those that say they do. Sounds like an easy way for unscrupulous users to score a new pair after they've had theirs for a few years. But hey, I was wrong once before....

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same experience this year. I sent in pair of 10 year old Binos for repair since I didn’t have my original receipt. They repaired and cleaned them for free.

Maven bumped mil discount from 10 to 20% in case you didn’t know. Between that, and the extra $10 for the RYO harness, lens filters and cleaning kit I think it’s a fantastic value when you buy the B1 or B2 bundle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you take advantage of their mil discount?