Sub $200 Boots

Decupparo

FNG
Picked up a pair of Lowa Renegades for probably about 150 ish I believe. Worn them through Archery Antelope hunt in 100 degreee weather, Archery Elk ranging from 60-80 degrees, and a backcountry deer hunt that saw temps in the low 50s and pouring rain. I have very picky feet and these have been very comfortable and durable so far, awesomely waterproof as well. They are definitely not a mountaineering boot but they have held up very well.

Fatcamp

WKR
Was able to get a pair of uninsulated Pronghorn's. Told the kid what I wanted, he showed back up with 400's in the wrong size. ******* weird. I was very clear, again, about what I wanted. Finally was able to get them. Scheels must have bought a pile of the 400's and is trying to push them. About pissed off by the end. Should not take multiple visits and 10 attempts to get the right shoe in my hands.

Put in Super Greenfeet from another pair of shoes and am breaking them in today. Seem good so far.

Fatcamp

WKR
First hunt in the uninsulated Pronghorns. Super Green Feet and Darn Tough socks. No problems.

Wore them day 1 of 2 and did about 5 miles of rough country. Happy with them so far.

LostArra

WKR
Durability issues with Salomon Quest 4D have mostly been exaggerated or compared to a different level of boot. Sure they won't last like the $450 boots and waterproofness is 50/50 but when they can be found for $150 or less I think they are a good deal.

I've had two pairs and usually after 2 years the waterproofing is gone and gone in a big way, like flash flooding. I still wear them when the weather is dry because they are comfortable, not heavy and a better "sneaking" boot than my Tibets. I've also had great luck with sub $200 Hanwag boots when available from Sierra Trading Post.