Sub $500 Rifle Scope Recommendations

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
New member, long time lurker and blue collar hunter.
The scope will be going on a 270win for shots potentially out to 500 yds. I'd like at least an exposed elevation turret. I'm considering these, but looking for other recommendations. Trying not the break the bank but still have a quality, reliable optic for a demanding backpack hunt this fall.
Burris Signature HD 3-15x44
Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16x44
Leupold VX Freedom CDS 4-12x40.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this with you and help figure out which would suit your intended use the best. If you've got a few minutes give us a call, 516-217-1000
Thanks

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nikon got out of the riflescope business in September of 2019. Any Nikon scopes you locate are discontinued and Nikon is offering credit towards other Nikon products if/when you have a warranty issue

SWFA 3-9 if you can find one. Think I paid $460 for a demo model.
The scope will be going on a 270win for shots potentially out to 500 yds. I'd like at least an exposed elevation turret. I'm considering these, but looking for other recommendations. Trying not the break the bank but still have a quality, reliable optic for a demanding backpack hunt this fall.
Just order a votex viper hslr. In a couple weeks I can let you know what I think of it. Should get it this week but wouldn't get it on my rifle until the following week.

SIR_34:16

FNG
You might want to check out the offerings from Athlon also. I have an Athlon Helos BTR that compares favoribly with my Vortex Viper HST. The Vortex is second focal plane and the Athlon is a first focal plane. They are both a little over $500, but if you watch you can catch them on sale.

You are new here and don't yet know this. Doug from Cameraland is just fantastic. It isn't often that you see someone willing to invest time on the phone with a customer these days. With a good verbal back and forth exchange, he can get you where you need to be in short order. His prices will compete with any competitor unless they are closing out an item that Doug isn't. Doug has good closeouts as well. Pick up the phone and call him.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I own and have owned many scopes from $100 up to about $3,500....swaro, zeiss, vortex, leupold, meopta, Schmidt and bender to name a few. For sub $500 on a hunting rifle, I would take a look at the Burris scopes. I really like their reticle choices, as well as the construction, and believe they are a great value and an overlooked brand.

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
You are new here and don't yet know this. Doug from Cameraland is just fantastic. It isn't often that you see someone willing to invest time on the phone with a customer these days. With a good verbal back and forth exchange, he can get you where you need to be in short order. His prices will compete with any competitor unless they are closing out an item that Doug isn't. Doug has good closeouts as well. Pick up the phone and call him.
You beat me to it. Doug and his staff are great to deal with. It would be worth your time to give them a call.

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
I own and have owned many scopes from $100 up to about $3,500....swaro, zeiss, vortex, leupold, meopta, Schmidt and bender to name a few. For sub $500 on a hunting rifle, I would take a look at the Burris scopes. I really like their reticle choices, as well as the construction, and believe they are a great value and an overlooked brand.
Where are the Burris scopes currently manufactured? I'll give them a look.

I've heard Burris move their manufacturing to China, I believe that the Chinese have the ability to produce good quality if that's what's requested which is not always the case. With that being said I did look through the Burris signature HD and 44 mm and fell in love with it. For a $500 scope it's crisp, clear, the image goes edge to edge, and seems to get good reviews. I'm waffling between that one and the Leopold five vxhd at twice the price.

2five7

WKR
If you're ok buying used, Burris Veracity 3-15 can be had for under your budget.. Much better scope than the signature HD.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
If you're ok buying used, Burris Veracity 3-15 can be had for under your budget.. Much better scope than the signature HD.
Yep, I picked one up recently from Natchez (link below). 30mm tube. Very happy with it, and love the E2 Reticle.

I bought one in 2-10x42 and impressed with it. At $350 it seems like a steal. It's a porker. I hope that translates into robustness.