Sub $500 Rifle Scope Recommendations

OP
Arcticmanak

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the input here. I decided on the Leupold VX Freedom 4-12x40 with CDS dial, side focus, and TRI MOA reticle. Lots of good options out there for sure. This one has the features I was looking for, and in a fairly compact model.

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
I just went through this same decision and settled on the VX-3i 3.5-10x40 with CDS on sale at Natchez for $400. Not sure what that VX-Freedom runs, but this was the best deal I found on the 3i by a good bit.

ashtonwj

FNG
It was already mentioned that Nikon is out of the scope game. But I have a Nikon Black fx1000 4-16 and It checks all my boxes. FFP, Exposed Turrets, Illuminated reticle, not too heavy.

OP
Arcticmanak

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
I decided against the VX Freedom since the exposed turret does NOT have the locking feature. I'm picking up a VX3 HD instead, 3.5-10x40.

This was a great thread to read I have a older vortex hs lr and has been a great scope. And I’m in market for another scope for new gun but been seeing bad reviews on newer vortex’s scopes any one have experience with the new vortex’s and any problems?