Subtension Magnification?

Hardstalk

WKR
Im trying to get my reticle matched up with vortex lrbc calculator. Im shooting a viper hs 4-10x44 with the bdc reticle but I dont believe this scope offers any "subtension magnification" adjustment. The difference in 4x and 10x on the scope settings onlineImageUploadedByTapatalk1381612045.971753.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381612086.048069.jpg drastically changes the default lrbc reticle outcome. Does anyone know if this scope is set at a certain magnification or how this would work with my setup for best results? Thank in advance!

Am I way over thinking this and its simply just the magnification I have the scope set at?

spdrman

WKR
Your scope is a second focal plane scope, meaning for your subtension to be spaced as your manual says it has to be on max power, as you turn the power down the subtension increases. I'm guessing your trying to get it set up so the center of your cross hairs is 200 yards, then your next line will be 300, then 400 etc. That reticle is designed to get close but they seldom line up perfect, the program you are using will tell you where each line will be dead on and just compensate from there

OP
Hardstalk

Hardstalk

WKR
Your scope is a second focal plane scope, meaning for your subtension to be spaced as your manual says it has to be on max power, as you turn the power down the subtension increases. I'm guessing your trying to get it set up so the center of your cross hairs is 200 yards, then your next line will be 300, then 400 etc. That reticle is designed to get close but they seldom line up perfect, the program you are using will tell you where each line will be dead on and just compensate from there

Thank ya sir. Wasn't trying to dial it in per 100 I zeroed at 300 its a quick load. The phrase "subtension" had me a bit confused. I printed up 4x subtension and 10x subtension just to play. The 10 x chart shows 3-800 with the deadhold bdc. Should be a good time! Curious to see how close it is without a true chrono read yet.