Success! First buck!

ams

WKR
Shot my first buck after 3 seasons of teaching myself to hunt. A small forky but for zone d14 here in southern California I'm very happy! I'll post a pic when I can. Picked up a new hunting buddy and friend this season too, a great year!

7mag.

WKR
Congrats on your first buck. Don't worry about antler size, the trophy is in the memories made, not the size of the animal. You will always remember fondly, the first one, regardless of size. Besides, meat in the freezer is meat in the freezer.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
agree with 7 mag, especially since you taught yourself. a serious congrats is in order.
Take great care of that meat, age it a few weeks if possible, and you'll have some fine eating.
Let us know if you need help getting the pic up.
email it to [email protected] if you want me to put it up for you.

OP
A

ams

WKR
Thanks guys. Just got my first archery kill yesterday and throwing a little cook off tonight with backstraps, dove stew, and jerk pheasant tonight! Its been an awesome year so far. I may need some help on the picks and will try o figure it out this week. 1 bear tag to fill.

shaun

WKR
Congrats man. Most guys go many more seasons in a CA D zone without anything. 3 years and teaching yourself. I think you are doing damn good

Thanks guys. Just got my first archery kill yesterday and throwing a little cook off tonight with backstraps, dove stew, and jerk pheasant tonight! Its been an awesome year so far. I may need some help on the picks and will try o figure it out this week. 1 bear tag to fill.

Thats what it is all about! Enjoy the success!.and congratulations! ;)

Shrek

WKR
Congratulations ! I'm self taught also and I can tell you that it has made me a better hunter than most. You have much to be proud of. Good luck with the bear tag.