Success in Alaska

OP
Uintah

Uintah

FNG
Thanks for the write up! I have this hunt booked next year with Ram. Curious if you used and rented their camp or if you flew your own gear up? Trying to decide what the best route to go on that part
Hey @Natekraft, I’m envious! I’m ready to go back and do it all again! We used the rental camp gear that RAM provided and I would absolutely go that route again. I totally understand why some folks would rather use their own tried and true gear, but for us it saved us so many logistical headaches and was super convenient. We still used our own sleeping bags and pads, but to not have to worry about all the rest was refreshing and kept everything very simple!

Natekraft

FNG
Hey @Natekraft, I’m envious! I’m ready to go back and do it all again! We used the rental camp gear that RAM provided and I would absolutely go that route again. I totally understand why some folks would rather use their own tried and true gear, but for us it saved us so many logistical headaches and was super convenient. We still used our own sleeping bags and pads, but to not have to worry about all the rest was refreshing and kept everything very simple!
Well plan on going that way then. Thanks!

Schmitty

FNG
Thanks for the detailed report. This is a bucket list trip for me and I appreciate the time to help those of us who are planning trips in the future. Super helpful!

Congrats on your success!

Schmitty

cminter

FNG
Congrats on a great hunt! We also hunted with RAM in late August and had great success. We are already booked again for 2024

Deerkilr

FNG
Awesome trip man! It's on my list to get back up there and do a drop camp hunt in the near future!

rmelville

FNG
That's awesome, thank you for sharing. We flew out with Ram Aviation back in 2020, it was an awesome experience and we are already planning for another trip soon.