Successful Colorado Moose hunts?

JKannon

FNG
Anybody getting tags or making kills in Colorado? Just put in for the combo tag...any method of take, hunt all seasons till you bag one in CO. ....Assuming they are offering this tag because of low success rates?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Do you mean the "season choice" tag that's good for archery, ML, and rifle? Never heard of the "combo" tag. Ya, IF you draw you shouldn't have any trouble filling your tag. I don't personally know anybody that got a moose tag and didn't fill their tag in CO. I filled mine two years ago opening day archery.

CCH

WKR
Some tags can be converted from one season to another, but you have to look into the details on that.

I have a friend who drew a non-resident archery cow tag, turned it in due to conflicts and then drew another the next fall. He didn't succeed, but we saw plenty of moose. The trick is finding a cow without a calf, or at least a mature calf. If he'd had a bull tag, he would have filled it. Super fun hunting. The tag is the biggest challenge when it comes to moose hunting in Colorado.

OP
JKannon

JKannon

FNG
Some tags can be converted from one season to another, but you have to look into the details on that.

I have a friend who drew a non-resident archery cow tag, turned it in due to conflicts and then drew another the next fall. He didn't succeed, but we saw plenty of moose. The trick is finding a cow without a calf, or at least a mature calf. If he'd had a bull tag, he would have filled it. Super fun hunting. The tag is the biggest challenge when it comes to moose hunting in Colorado.
Gotcha...that makes sense. Mind sharing what unit he was in?

OP
JKannon

JKannon

FNG
Do you mean the "season choice" tag that's good for archery, ML, and rifle? Never heard of the "combo" tag. Ya, IF you draw you shouldn't have any trouble filling your tag. I don't personally know anybody that got a moose tag and didn't fill their tag in CO. I filled mine two years ago opening day archery.
Ya....seasons choice. I was being lazy with my words...Nice work on that opening day shot! What unit if you don't mind my asking?

Dirtbag

WKR
Anybody getting tags or making kills in Colorado? Just put in for the combo tag...any method of take, hunt all seasons till you bag one in CO. ....Assuming they are offering this tag because of low success rates?
Success rates are generally pretty high and they list the harvests in the Statistics page of the CPW website if you want to do some research.

OP
JKannon

JKannon

FNG
Success rates are generally pretty high and they list the harvests in the Statistics page of the CPW website if you want to do some research.
Nice...thx for the heads up on that.