Sucess

Well finally paid off today, very nice mountain 8 point at 4:45 p.m. oficially only 2 mins. of legal shooting light left. 4 does came in and keep looking off too the left in front of my position as I was also looking got a glimps of horn about 100 yards off moving straight at my position, so I very slowley position the rifle for what is coming, well the biggest doe spies me stomps and snorts, I sit perfectly still as the four does get nervous and kinda trots off alerting the buck so he starts a fast trot right across from me at around 80 yards, it is now or never time I pick a open spot in his travel route pick up the buck in the vortex 4x12x40 scope and the Ruger # 1 barks dead deer 8 point right there. 165 gr Sierra in 30-06 hand load done its job. Been hunting for 5 days straight before daylight until dark seen bucks every day just not shooters, I am a stand hunter and sit all day been paying off for the last 55 years. Good hunting too all who is still out there. Now too get the flintlock long rifle ready for late muzzle loader season. That long barreled .62 cal christian springs rifle is a deer killing machine.