Sufficient?

BH260

FNG
Hey guys,
I have a canon eos 50D, canon zoom lens EF 70-200mm, and a canon EDS 18-55mm.
would this be a decent setup to start taking pictures when going on backcountry hunts?
I have barley used it and I know there’s lots to learn. Anyone with this camera that had any tips would be appreciated! Don’t know anything about photography.
thanks

What you have is an excellent camera. See if you enjoy the hobby and the pictures you take before you start making changes. There are plenty of videos on you tube to learn photography, books to read etc.
I am always available if you have any questions. Best to PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]

Joel

Wapiti1

WKR
Joel is spot on. Your equipment is plenty capable, so use it and learn it. The skills translate to any system if you choose to change in the future.

I would suggest you run through some Youtube vids on photography basics like using aperture priority mode, and shutter priority mode. These are universal concepts for any camera, not just the Canon you have.

Set up a small test scene like a stuffed animal on a table outside and try out the settings on that to see the effects. Use the review function in the camera to see each photo and assess the result. Over time, you'll get away from the instant review (called chimping), but early on, it is a good learning tool.

Jeremy

Just found a great book on the EOS 50D in the showcase. PM me your name and address and it's an early Christmas present

Joel