Suggested area to ride around Sheridan WY

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
As above. Been here two months and want to get a ride in this weekend. Have a Honda SxS and looking for a good place to go. Open to driving some distance if that helps. Any info is appreciated. Rob

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
One of my favorite places. Take 14 through Ranchester and drive to Burgess Jct on top the mountain. There are enough FS roads up there to keep you busy for days and days.
I think there is still around 3 ft of snow up at Burgess jnctin area. Might not be goof for his SxS this weekend, LOL.

204guy

WKR
Not to many options right now. Any forest service trails are either going to be under a bunch of snow or have a seasonal closure. The lower sage country in the NE part of the state doesn't have the big contiguous pieces of public where you can go more than a mile or 2 without hitting private. Closest place to go for a ride that wouldn't feel like you're mostly driving down a graded road would probably be somewhere in the bighorn basin.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bramk

Lil-Rokslider
Take 14 to greybull and you'll hit the west slope of bighorns.. just down from shell creek pulloff. The whole canyon is open there. You can ride around cedar Creek and BLM down below. Won't be spectacular but the only place to go right now. If you need more direction shoot me a message.
Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Went thru Greybull last weekend so I’m a little familiar with the area. Brandon I might need more info. I think your describing south of the highway between shell and greybull. Again thanks.
Rob

Bramk

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Went thru Greybull last weekend so I’m a little familiar with the area. Brandon I might need more info. I think your describing south of the highway between shell and greybull. Again thanks.
Rob

The road that is open is on the west slope, in NF before you get down to shell. The turn off is to the north just before the bathroom stop there on the creek. The road runs to the west along the north side of 14. I want to say it's road 264.

Bramk

Lil-Rokslider
Rob

We will have to meet up sometime this summer and show ya the fun trails up above town!

4rcgoat

WKR
Hey Rob, been so busy lately I forgot to stay in touch. This time of year is frustrating, nicer weather but that mountain has a lot of snow still! Pretty soon we should be able to get up Red grade road(335) outside of Bighorn. Gonna be a little sloppy for a while but it's coming,its a decent drive when the entire road opens up.

FNG
Red grade is still snowy above the upper cattle guard. Same with anything above Dayton. No trails open yet, unless you don't mind chains and getting stuck