Suggestion on rangefinder and a Bino harness.

Sterling

FNG
I have 12/50 EL for Bino need to get rangefinder so suggestion on that as well. I want something to fully protect my binos and I will be backpack hunting so wearing it with a pack will happen. I kinda like AGC bags but never see one in person. suggestion on both harness and rangefinder (long range preferable). Thanks!

I’ll second the AGC, I have my 12x50 ELs and the tech pouch mounted to the side with the inReach.
the little range finder easily fits in the front pocket.

I had the FHF before this harness, it was great, but couldn’t carry as much other stuff that I like to carry. This AGC holds my tag/license, knife, headlamp, inReach, cell phone, chapstick and too much other stuff to list.
image.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
AGC seems to have lost popularity due to all the other options out there but I still really enjoy my AGC harness and like it better than the other options I’ve tried.

I bought acg and fhf. Acg offers more protection and coverage. Seals up better and keeps out dust like on an ATV ride. I ended up liking the fhf more and kept that. it was simpler to use and close with one hand.

I started with a first gen vortex 1000 and it was fine. It gave me a little grief and I sent it back to them. They had a new one to me in days, no questions asked.

I ended up getting a deal on a sig kilo. It is another level of performance but also price Ranges much faster and without a lot of reshooting. Click and done. Scans ranges for multiple targets easily. if you have the coin, I would pay up for the sig. I also run my ranger finder in an fhf Montana pouch. It has two columns of molle so it doesn’t flop and it is big enough to get the range finder in and out with ease.

nrh6.7

WKR
I have AGCs for my 8x32 and 12x50s and love everything about them except how you remove and replace the binos. Using one hand is not as easy as I want. If they would incorporate a forward opening like the Marsupial I'd be on it like white on rice.

Dart368

FNG
I have the AGC and had a Badlands. The Badlands was good with the magnetic closure for convenience and the lifetime warranty is awesome but I prefer the AGC for the pockets and versatility in organization. Plus, I liked the shape of it better and the top of it is more flat, making for a small shelf to place a protein bar on as I get a sip of water (Yeah, it's trivial but I figured I would mention it).

I recently made the decision to go with the Leupold RX-1600i. I thought about the Vortex for its lifetime warranty but then thought, it will probably go out like most rangefinders in 7-10 years and at that time, I will probably want to upgrade to something that is out then that is better anyway.

The Leupold fits in the front pocket perfectly and the AGC has a leash that can attach to the rangefinder so if it gets dropped, it doesn't hit the ground or roll down a hill. I also hold my Garmin, light and other small items in the side, bottom and back pockets of the AGC. One last thing, the price of the AGC is not outlandish which in my opinion sealed the deal!

AKYZ450F

FNG
Bought a AGG for my EL 12X50’s last fall and used it on a Kodiak deer hunt in November for the first time. So far I really like it, range finder fits in the front pouch and it keeps my binoculars covered and protected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro