Suggestion on Sheds

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
No, not antler sheds, but the kind you put all your overflow gear and tools in. So I’ve been looking at getting a shed in the 10’x15’ range mainly to keep gardening equipment, tools, and hunting and brewing gear in, plus the wife’s holiday decorations and other random stuff. I’ve been looking heavily on the Lifetime sheds but curious how they hold up? I don’t have the time to build my own this year as I work full time and have a child being born next month. Any suggestions for what has worked well and has kept up would be great. I know, boring post, but I figured with all the gear junkies on this post some may have a shed for their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
Tuff Shed. Had one in town, was $$ but nice to have up and done in a day. Like you, I have no time to build. They’re fairly tight, but may not keep rodents out forever.

AZmark

WKR
Seems to me that the major companies that sell and deliver a completed shed are decent quality and usually they have them on lots where you can see them. I bought one that was 12'x24' and am happy with it. That said I wish I had spent my money to build myself or hire it done and would have had a bigger/better shed. Whichever way you go the best advice I can give is after you figure out what size you need......double it.

I am lucky enough to live in Amish country so getting a custom shed is easy in these parts. If you like gardening something I wish I would have done when I had my chicken coop made was to have it twice the size and have one side be a green house and the other be the coop. Would have been really nice to get plants started and little investment

To me, a shed from the box stores fall apart in 5-8 years if you don’t take care of them. A good quality made shed might go for 10 years. Take care of either one, the big box store is still a 10 year shed but a well made shed will last twice that or more. Be sure you have a base, or stone or I lifted mine off the ground on skids and it will help with rot and bugs. If you want to move it around paying for some solid quality skids to have it on makes it nice. I would go with a metal roof over shingle. Also lasts much longer.

check with a local builder to build it on site. Even someone trying to get started or someone looking for work. Likely cheaper than ordering one and paying for delivery. They are not hard to build.

Tuff and Lifetime will get you a good shed but like has been mentioned it would be worth seeing if a local source would custom build for you. Would allow you to maximize your available space, be higher quality and potentially not much more especially if you could allow an extended build time.