Suggestion wanted.

Azone

WKR
6522AE9F-E88B-44F8-955A-141AEF17FA95.jpeg
Two premium black tail fillets.
I’ve got plenty of ways to cook them already, but I love learning new recipes. Let’s hear it folks, fillet recipes welcomed!

And for the gear conscious reader the knife is a 6” Dexter Russel. Not super sharp outta the box, it’s like just ok edge wise. Still prefer a Victorinox.

xcutter

WKR
I really like the reverse sear method. I'm using a pellet grill. Put rub on steaks of choice. Get grill to 225F and put steaks on and let smoke until 120 to 125F internal temp. Pull off grill and get skillet smoking hot with Bacon grease and sear all sides for a nice crust. Let rest 10 minutes.

I try not to over complicate a good cut of meat. Salt and pepper, maybe lemon pepper, but a lean cut like this, needs some fat added. I use olive oil, to marinate, and to drizzle over immediately after it comes of the grill. A good sear, once on each side, the middle should be warm and red.

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
I try not to over complicate a good cut of meat. Salt and pepper, maybe lemon pepper, but a lean cut like this, needs some fat added. I use olive oil, to marinate, and to drizzle over immediately after it comes of the grill. A good sear, once on each side, the middle should be warm and red.
Agree, keep it simple. Only thing I'd swap would be the lemon pepper for garlic salt & regular course ground pepper.

Fordguy

WKR
+1 on the reverse sear. Keep it simple, use seasonings/spices that enhance the flavor rather than cover it.

I would grill onions, add a little garlic, salt, pepper and a splash of red wine- use as a topping to compliment those fillets after you reverse sear them for a nice crust.
Simple, easy, fast, and delicious.