Suggestions for 2014 CO Antelope

NavyP-3

FNG
So I am sitting on 14 preference points for CO Antlelope. I blew all my Deer and Elk pionts this year so next year is all abou the speed goat.

Any suggestions on a worthy way to spend those points?

Best Regards,

Steve

If your a resident I would look at some of the RFW tags, if not then the northwest corner always seems to produce some nice goats.

Moffat county has always been good, but it is nothing like years ago. The biggest bucks in the state right now are coming out of the South, South East corner. Call it CO Springs East, and south. Forget Weld County as what was once a great unit/units has been killed by the DOW's increase in rifle tags.

As stated with that many points, I'd try to get on a RFW property known for big bucks, or pray for point banking to come back. I don't think there is a unit in CO that you could honestly say is worth that many points.

I'm a non-resident for Colorado and in the same boat as you are (14 points). In 1999 we hunted 3 & 301 and had a great hunt there. You are hunting right across the state line from some prime Wyoming units. It appears you would draw with 14 points. At this point I am just buying points until I have another hunt in that area during the antelope season.

I'm a non-resident for Colorado and in the same boat as you are (14 points). In 1999 we hunted 3 & 301 and had a great hunt there. You are hunting right across the state line from some prime Wyoming units. It appears you would draw with 14 points. At this point I am just buying points until I have another hunt in that area during the antelope season.

That is a good unit, and one I would look at, but as stated, it's not worth the points by any stretch.

bobhunts

WKR
I sure wish they would do a pp purge like a few years ago. A guy could do a quality hunt and only loose the pp's require plus one. Opens up things to some good stuff without loosing all of your pp's. There are areas that hold a few good ones but not many and I would jump on that if they brought it out again. Bob.

Try Four J's Outfitters. They are located in So Colorado. I hunted with them last year and they have taken quite a few pope and young bucks. Definitely worth looking into.

sakalmon

FNG
If you get this figured out and find a good hunt let us know. I am setting on 19 points for speed goat.

Points are relative. IMO draw a decent unit and enjoy the hunt.

If you are looking for a booner, then draw out a unit in one of the afore mentioned counties and know what a booner looks like. Any of those units can produce one.

Last edited:
I will be scouting 3 quite a bit this summer. Drew the unit approximately 4 years ago and shot a pretty nice one. Drew it again this year. Saw mega bucks every day as someone stated you can hunt right on the WY line. There is a picture of him in the traditional thread.