Suggestions for broken Euro

blackdawg

WKR
Yep, the kiddos stray kitty made an incredible leap and took down a big six point bull euro. Busted 2/3 of the skull; skull plate and antlers are ok, any creative ideas for a new display from you fellas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaverdog

FNG
Outlaw skulls are the best fake euro skulls out there. I have used them a bunch. They have YouTube videos on how to do them.

JFK

WKR
Easy solution would be to just cap it. Or you could try to put it back together with epoxy.

Pop the ivories out, wrap the skull plate with leather, and stick it on a plague.

The broken pieces go in a small burlap sack hung adjacently.

"Here lies the cat that broke my mount."

Last edited:

Wapiti7

FNG
Had a euro simmer get away from me. Kinda glued it back together and then decided to use some pottery shards we found from the same area on a different trip and grouted them on. I'm sure somebody will want to put an arrow in my arse for this, but no gravesites were disturbed.

Attachments

• Pottery Elk Skull.jpg
    Pottery Elk Skull.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 34
I’ve repaired skulls many different ways. Super glue the pieces together and quickly add baking soda to the glued seam. It dries really hard. Some I have done this then used bondo with a cream colored hardener. Sanded it all down smooth then painted with an air brush using off white. I’ve also used apoxie sculpt but I prefer the glue, baking soda and bondo method. Also, super glue has a tendency to turn yellow. If I just wanted to use glue then plain old white Elmer’s glue is the best since it won’t turn yellow.

Krolly

FNG
I’ve done mounts with removable antlers. You could replace the skull and mount the antlers to the replacement skull. I drill out the pedical and epoxy in a square tubing. Then epoxy square bar in the antler. You can also use a single piece and epoxy permanently without being removable. I’ve done this for euros with deer in velvet. Remove the horns, clean the skull, preserve the velvet then reattach the horns.