suggestions for bullets to use with 300 win mag x bolt

Wassid82

WKR
I recently just got a browning x bolt hells canyon rifle in 300 win mag. I haven't used his cartridge for 10+ years and never owned an x bolt rifle. If there are hunters out there with this rifle and caliber any suggestion (manufacture and bullet weight) would be helpful. I shoot enough to know that each gun likes some bullets/powder/cartridges better than others. I am going to experiment in the coming months for my gun but a good starting point could be helpful. In the past I have found good results with Berger/barnes/hornady bullets. Some of my initial research has a few others that have peak my interest. thanks in advance for any advice.

Forest

WKR
The Hornady precision hunter factory ammo shoots exceptionally well out of my browning abolt 300wm. Better than handloads with other bullets. I have shot my last 3 elk with it, 2 were one shot kills and the other took a follow up (my own fault.) So I really cant complain about terminal performance although I just cant fully trust them. Too many years with bonded bullets I guess. Would like to try 200gr accubonds, the 165gr and 180gr handloads shot alright but not great. Thinking now my gun likes the heavier bullets.
Get a few different boxes and see what shoots best, but would highly suggest trying the precision hunter ammo

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

My X Bolt HC Speed 30 06 likes the Hornady ELDX, Federal TBT and Barnes TXXP, Federal Fusion. The only round that was awefull was the Browning BCR. Horrible groups. For my XBolt Max Long Range 300 Win Mag I've bought Federal 180 grain TBT, and 200 grain TLR, Nosler 180 grain Accubonds and 200 grain Accubonds. Going to start testing them as soon as I have time.

My son and I both ordered new HCS’s this year in 300WM. They both shoot the Barnes Vor-TX 165 grains at or under MOA.

elkguide

WKR
The .300 WM is probably my favorite caliber of all. (I have 4 or 5 or 6?) I also have several other rifles in other various .30 caliber configurations. In hunting situations I have been very successful with Berger VLDs, Hornady SSTs, Nosler Partitions and Ballistic Tips. Depending on the rifle I use 165 grain to 215 grain bullets. My starting point "if" I were to acquire a new .300 WM would be a 175 - 185 grain bullet (probably Berger) ahead of IMR4350 and a 215 primer.

Good luck and have fun!

Wolf76

FNG
Try these. They are awesome.
35bbecec22e524c1c69b988ddb1f0230.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk