Suggestions for elk arrow setup

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
First real post to Rokslide, been lurking for a while. Browse it way to often in class.....
I'm elk hunting with my bow for the first time this year in Colorado. :D But anyways, planning on ordering hunting arrows soon and was looking for some critique on my planned arrows.

Bow:
Hoyt Charger
70#
30 inch DL

Arrow:
Easton FMJ 6mm
Blazers w/ 2deg helical
50 gr insert
100 gr broadhead

Came out to approximately 520 grains and 10.2% FOC. I'm considering a 75gr insert as well to increase FOC but I'm worried about losing any more speed as I think these will fly around 240 fps. I've researched the pros and cons of fmjs as far as bending goes, but they still sound good to me if handled properly. Been shooting my bow for about 4 years now, but I'm still very green on hunting with it so any input is appreciated. I'm open to any suggestion for changing this potential setup. Thanks

OP
9.3koolaid

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
First real post to Rokslide, been lurking for a while. Browse it way to often in class.....
I'm elk hunting with my bow for the first time this year in Colorado. :D But anyways, planning on ordering hunting arrows soon and was looking for some critique on my planned arrows.

Bow:
Hoyt Charger
70#
30 inch DL

Arrow:
Easton FMJ 6mm
Blazers w/ 2deg helical
50 gr insert
100 gr broadhead

Came out to approximately 520 grains and 10.2% FOC. I'm considering a 75gr insert as well to increase FOC but I'm worried about losing any more speed as I think these will fly around 240 fps. I've researched the pros and cons of fmjs as far as bending goes, but they still sound good to me if handled properly. Been shooting my bow for about 4 years now, but I'm still very green on hunting with it so any input is appreciated. I'm open to any suggestion for changing this potential setup. Thanks
Also, I know there are threads like this pretty often so sorry to beat a dead horse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
If it shoots good I wouldn't worry about adding more weight to the front. What you listed is plenty adequate.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That arrow is plenty adequate, but if you want to shoot FMJ's I'd recommend also buying an arrow spinner. Because I haven't seen an FMJ actually "bend" so to speak, but they won't stay straight for long and will wobble, which is a killer for accuracy especially with a BH on the front.

OP
9.3koolaid

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the help guys, I went ahead and ordered them. And I'm gonna make an arrow spinner!