Suggestions for finding these mythical boots

I broke down a few years ago and ordered a pair from Russell Moccasin. He has a measuring form you make for each foot . They were a little snug at first but now they are the most comfortable pair of boots I own. If or when these wear out I’ll be buying another pair for sure.
I did the same thing and feel the same, i absolutely love my minimalist thula thula boots!

Those are the same ones I have
Did you get the toe cap? I kinda wish I did, I work on my knees a lot doing carpentry so im concerned that eventually I'll wear off some stitching on the toe box. I'll have to figure out a way to prevent that.. I wanna get the south 40 birdshooters with the thinsulate for colder temps someday cause my thulas are just raw leather inside. I put extra thermal insoles from my vivobarefoot boots i had laying around in the thula thulas with some double sided carpet tape and its been helpful with the cold but they're not cutting it below 35 degrees or so lol

I’ll go give them a look. I stopped in last night to see what they had but the selection looked poor. I’ll keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check online availability for each store. Out side of being none hunter friendly but overly trail maintenance and mean conservation friendly, They don't carry above mid grade in all stores.

sumyungguy

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Go to Blackovis. Give them a call and talk to a Gear Guide, you're gonna talk to 1 of 4 guys who know what they're talking about, and will hook you up with a discount. They will wave any return shipping costs, and make sure you find your one in a million slipper. Blackovis is the go-to period.

LJ Buck

WKR
Call up Schnees in Bozeman, they have amazing boots and easy returns and exchange. Look at the Beartooth or Granite. U will love them.

Lowg08

WKR
I refuse to buy hunting brand boots anymore. We are essentially hiking anyway. Why not buy from mountaineering/ hiking brands. I have a pair of Solomon’s 4d gtx quest and a pair of scarpa zg lite. REI carries the Solomon’s and maybe the scarpa I’m not sure. Lowa is a good option too. I believe they are called the Tibet maybe

fmyth

WKR
I refuse to buy hunting brand boots anymore. We are essentially hiking anyway. Why not buy from mountaineering/ hiking brands. I have a pair of Solomon’s 4d gtx quest and a pair of scarpa zg lite. REI carries the Solomon’s and maybe the scarpa I’m not sure. Lowa is a good option too. I believe they are called the Tibet maybe
Most hiking is done on trail and most hiking shoes/boots are designed for hiking on trail with a light weight pack. Even "through hikers" that hike the AT trail rarely have more than 10-20lbs in their pack. If you go on youtube and search for AT hikers videos you'll find most of them are wearing Altra hiking shoes. I have a pair of Altras that I wear in my house only (tile floors). I can step on a dime and tell you if it is heads or tails. No way in hell I'd wear them hunting or even hiking the trails behind my house in AZ. Many big game hunters spend a lot of time "off trail" and when successful will be packing 80-100+ pounds in their pack. I too have a pair of Solomons but only wear them if I know for certain I won't be packing an animal more than a 1/2 mile. My favorite boots are Salewa Mountain Trainers. They are comfortable and I can pack an elk hind quarter a mile or two with no problem. If I was hunting 2 to 3 miles in I'd choose a more appropriate boot built for hiking off trail and packing 100lb plus loads.

Lowg08

WKR
Most hiking is done on trail and most hiking shoes/boots are designed for hiking on trail with a light weight pack. Even "through hikers" that hike the AT trail rarely have more than 10-20lbs in their pack. If you go on youtube and search for AT hikers videos you'll find most of them are wearing Altra hiking shoes. I have a pair of Altras that I wear in my house only (tile floors). I can step on a dime and tell you if it is heads or tails. No way in hell I'd wear them hunting or even hiking the trails behind my house in AZ. Many big game hunters spend a lot of time "off trail" and when successful will be packing 80-100+ pounds in their pack. I too have a pair of Solomons but only wear them if I know for certain I won't be packing an animal more than a 1/2 mile. My favorite boots are Salewa Mountain Trainers. They are comfortable and I can pack an elk hind quarter a mile or two with no problem. If I was hunting 2 to 3 miles in I'd choose a more appropriate boot built for hiking off trail and packing 100lb plus
My dad is a through hiker. Loves to back pack. He also wears the same boots back country hunting. It’s just different strokes for different folks.