Suggestions for future episodes!

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have a recommendation or suggestion for future episodes and/or guests, please let us know here!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Manscaping with Ryan Avery: how to keep your chainsaw sharp and clog-free

Seriously, some my favs you did were on the shorter side with an expert in class, like Travis’s cooler and Chas’ Radio, and the member (name?) stove ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Lightweight synthetic game bag review; abrasion resistance, stitch strength, washability, stretch, features.
Tripods and heads that aren't outdoorsman's.
Good idea on tripods,

I have the big Swaro Carbon. I don’t use it a ton but it’s great for road based hunting and really big glass.

And I have the Slik 624, great for bigger glass in the backcountry.

And finally the tiny KDC Granite Peak that’s all backcountry for smalller glass

We could do those Jordan.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good idea on tripods,

I have the big Swaro Carbon. I don’t use it a ton but it’s great for road based hunting and really big glass.

I do have some plans for a tripod/head review. We just did one with Justin not too long ago. Waiting to use this new tripod setup I have a little more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Good idea on tripods,

I just got a Sirui from Joel and I think I like it better than my Promaster.
Folks are always talking about fluid heads under $200.....

Folks ask about grinders and sealers, it is nearly impossible to find good comparisons on those things.

Maybe a “blue color hunting” podcast or series of podcasts. With a focus on cheaper non resident hunts and good bang for your buck gear. I know some reviews about gear are very informative but the gear being reviewed is out of a lot of people’s price range. For example the podcast about making your own dehydrated meals was super informative and probably saved me $100+ this last year.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dave C, whoI think has done a few pieces for you guys ,is a treasure trove of information on clothing systems. He can talk industry minutia when it comes to fabrics, but boil it down for the average guy to understand what works (and what doesn't) in different conditions.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Similar to tipsy Tuesday (keeping it short and direct) I'd like to hear from the Rokslide staff and possibly other valuable Rokslide contributors about thier favorite gear and how it factors into thier success. What's thier favorite new piece they tried last year, and what/if they are looking forward to trying in 2020.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Similar to tipsy Tuesday (keeping it short and direct) I'd like to hear from the Rokslide staff and possibly other valuable Rokslide contributors about thier favorite gear and how it factors into thier success. What's thier favorite new piece they tried last year, and what/if they are looking forward to trying in 2020.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I may start adding that question into every podcast and using it for a hot minute on TT’s. Thank you

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
Has there been one on bears? I feel like bears are one of the game animals that kind of get swept under the rug a bit due to alot of places that bait, and just isnt one of the "main" game animals now. Would be nice to get more detailed bear hunting info for diy guys that dont wanna bait.

JohnnyB

WKR
Has there been one on bears? I feel like bears are one of the game animals that kind of get swept under the rug a bit due to alot of places that bait, and just isnt one of the "main" game animals now. Would be nice to get more detailed bear hunting info for diy guys that dont wanna bait.

More bears. One of the forum members has written one of the top bear hunting books, Douglas Boze. It would be great to hear from him.

Specifically, calling bears would be a great topic.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Jordan. I think you’ve done a really good job with these so far. Appreciate all of the insight and information.

I love the equipment and gear reviews. Particularly pack systems, clothing, and different sleep systems that have worked for everyone in different climates. If you keep rolling content like this out, I’ll be sure to tune in.

I’d like to see some gear reviews after the big winter shows coming up here in 2020. Should be some nice new stuff for all of us to check out after this month rounds out.

Outlaw99

WKR
As much as all things “packs” gets brought up in the forums; I think itd be cool to just to sit down with a representative from each of the company’s who make packs and provide sponsorship to the Rok, and let them highlight their packs and maybe answer some members questions regarding their brands.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
As much as all things “packs” gets brought up in the forums; I think itd be cool to just to sit down with a representative from each of the company’s who make packs and provide sponsorship to the Rok, and let them highlight their packs and maybe answer some members questions regarding their brands.

That’d be great to field some questions about the specific brands