Suggestions for future episodes!

Zak89

FNG
One thing I remember from the newbie podcast is that you should prioritize tags over gear. It'd be nice to hear how to go about finding those opportunities. There's a lot of states and terms to get familiar with.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing I remember from the newbie podcast is that you should prioritize tags over gear. It'd be nice to hear how to go about finding those opportunities. There's a lot of states and terms to get familiar with.

We’re recording one super similar to that next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Block

WKR
A weekly “Muledeer Storytime” episode with Robby !! Even if it’s just a short 10 min story,, would be awesome !

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe you can share the video of Jordan Budd doing her impression of a saddle bronc rider!?!?! :)

Hahahaha well maybe not the video but here’s a screen shot that sums it up!

f8648c7ac055028d0a6251162ef4eebd.jpg

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
What’d I miss?

I bought a 3 year old gelding the other day for a ranch horse. As I was leaving the house to ride through the cows something spooked him and he bucked me off :ROFLMAO: the picture above is a freeze frame from our security camera which "luckily" caught the incident. I'm still sore but all is well. I'll have a video to show you!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a 3 year old gelding the other day for a ranch horse. As I was leaving the house to ride through the cows something spooked him and he bucked me off :ROFLMAO: the picture above is a freeze frame from our security camera which "luckily" caught the incident. I'm still sore but all is well. I'll have a video to show you!
that is Rokslide gold right there! ahahahahahahaha. Can you please download, enhance and send me the video. I'm going for a million hit on this baby. Glad you weren't hurt, but girl that is funny stuff right there.

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure it has been mentioned or not but something I haven't heard a lot of is the parts pieces and available items related to tripods. I hear about fluid heads, and various brands but not sure exactly the benefits of each as it relates to hunting situations vs. weight vs. cost, etc.

MeatBuck

WKR
Maybe compare how different states manage fish and game, then compare them to and bash California for being so shitty.
Never really hear any good discussion on California. Generally out of staters just brush it under the rug but there’s so much opportunity here for outdoorsman that it’s a shame it’s managed so poorly.
We’ve got fishing opportunities in high Sierra lakes ponds streams creeks down to valley sloughs rivers delta bays and the ocean for Trout salmon steelhead striped bass largemouth smallies spots crappies bluegill catfish halibut lings rockfish sturgeon shad shark tuna sea bass crab lobster yellowtail dorado sailfish abalone crawfish some amphibians and reptiles like rattlesnake.
Small game rabbits squirrels
Huntable Non game species coyote fox skunk coons
Game birds pheasant quail dove mtn pigeon turkey
Waterfowl ducks geese coot brant
Big game bear several mule deer subspecies blacktails tule and Roosevelt elk bighorn sheep antelope wild hogs.
(Whale watching)
And almost all of it is within a 2hr drive from my house.
Where else in the country do you get all those opportunities with just the purchase of a hunting and fishing license (well, tags and stamps too but you get the idea)?

Last edited:

kaboku68

WKR
You guys should do a video follow along with Tom and Jack Butler. That is some big country and 30 day back pack hunts with a 69 year old who I betcha could kick Greg McHale's behind in rougher country that McHale has ever seen. Just look at the last 10 years with the 44 inch(174) and the 42 in (172) on the table.

Of course, Jake who is 40 has many bigger sheep as Tom let's Jake take the bigger sheep.

Academic and agency scientists who study and manage big game can be real goldmines of information. Folks like Jim Hefflefinger in AZ who also hunt can provide new insights into deer behavior and deer population dynamics.

I would 2nd the Jim Hefflefinger info as I am a new resident of AZ. I would love to hear some scouting tips and tactics for warm weather Desert Southwest areas during dry seasons. Things get real quickly when you are a newbie trying to scout an area and its a 100+ degrees with a wildland fire 10 miles away!