Suggestions for High Volume predator/varmint hunt in Texas

bts

FNG
Looking for a hunt for my son and myself in January. Bobcat would be a nice addition as well as hog if possible. Please let me know of some guides that you would be able to cover this and give a good experience. Thanks.
Brett

wytx

WKR
Brett, look on the Texas Hunting Forum or Texas Bowhunter, they have outfitters listed or may have someone step up and make an offer.
South Texas is good for varmints but better hog hunting further north perhaps.
You'll find put and take hog hunts, don't go that route if possible.

Texas has relatively little "public land" you can hunt on but their regulations are pretty lax. Non-game animals include (but are not limited to) the following: armadillos, bobcats coyotes, flying squirrels, frogs, ground squirrels, mountain lions, porcupines, prairie dogs, rabbits, and turtles. There is no closed season on these animals and a valid hunting license is required. They may be hunted at any time by any lawful means on private property. Public hunting lands may have restrictions. Property owners get pretty upset with trespassers so an Onyx map and use of the tracking feature will help keep ya outta trouble. Being able to show exactly where I traveled has cooled the jets of some property owners in the past. It's a very helpful tool when hunting between properties.